In the words of my favorite movie, "Adventure is out there!"
My goal at the moment is to continue to live life as the adventure it is. So far my favorite stops along the way include:
- Rio de Bravo, Mexico (saw the migration of monarch butterflies, which covered the trees and skies so thickly that it looked like a forest fire when they flapped their big orange wings)
- Cotopaxi, Ecuador (mountain biked down Ecuador's largest active volcano)
- La Paz, Mexico (petted a wild gray whale, swam with a pack of seal lions, and back-flipped into sand dunes)
- Belize City, Belize (snorkeling in the Meso-American Reef)
- Sao Paulo, Brazil (trying feijoada for the first time. YUM!)
- Oaxaca, Mexico (seeing the mountaintop remains of the Zapotec capital at Montealban, and eating grasshoppers)
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (visiting Lucy, the oldest humanoid fossil ever found)
- Lake Kabinakagami, Canada (bonding with my dad and brother while "slamming the steel home" on walleye and northern pike)
- Bellavista, Ecuador (spending the night in a bamboo tree house in a cloud forest)
Can't wait for what's next!