The matchbox gives you the chance to check out tiny house living in a great location. It is a quirky, self-contained space on a view-filled plot a short walk from central New Plymouth. At 18sq m, it has a comfy queen bed, full bathroom, and porch with kitchenette.
A unique small space design- bedroom, bathroom, lounge and porch with kitchenette, all in 18m2.
The matchbox is designed for short stays, ideally set up for a couple i.e. there's one queen bed. If you have a different arrangement, please contact us prior to booking.
There is a parking spot at the top of the drive, and then a walk down to the porch. Site landscaping is underway, so there's a mixture of paths and garden around!
Interazione con gli ospiti
We are aiming to make your stay as self-sufficient as possible, by offering a house manual explaining how elements of the matchbox work e.g. the slide-out bed. There's also self-check in, so check-in can be at any time (although always nice to have an idea). Although we are also on-site, we aim to give you privacy and let you make the space yours.
Altre cose da evidenziare
During these colder months guests can cosy up with the hot water bottles, blankets and heaters (please consider the environment). But please note, one half of the matchbox is a covered porch and NOT insulated, so best suited for the adventurous travellers who don't mind wrapping up when cooking or swinging in the hammock.
Some simple house rules to ensure we can all enjoy the space.
1. BE NICE. As we also live on site, niceness is essential. We are happy to answer questions, but will offer you privacy during your stay.
The site goes into quiet mode after 10.00pm, please make sure you are partied out by then. And by parties, we mean 2-people rave's, unless prior arranged with the owners.
2. BE CLEAN. We are trusting you to be clean, respectful guests and to leave the space as you found it. Smoking is only allowed outside on the driveway. Please put all your trash in the bins provided. We do not charge a cleaning fee, but if the space takes a superhuman effort to clean, or any items are missing or damaged after your stay, you may lose your deposit.
3. BE SAFETY-CONSCIOUS. If you are leaving site then please make sure the main door is locked. Hosts are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guests. Please do not tamper with the smoke alarm or fire extinguisher.
4. BE THRIFTY. Whilst we have made efforts to have ample electricity (on-grid solar) and hot water (instantaneous gas), it's worth being aware that we love looking after this planet, and would appreciate our guests conserving energy and water where possible.
5. BE PET-LESS. Sorry, no pets allowed. There just isn't the space to have them. And one of us is scared of cats!
6. BE AWARE. Rates subject to change without notice.