The first traces told about this old mill dating from the late 1500 and early 1600. Owned by the family Giaccai since 1920, the last handler was Scannerini Marino said "Rossino."
The mill, located in the heart of Switzerland Pesciatina, is the only property to have intact the original tunnel made with the original Vellano’s stone, that connects the mill to the left side of the river Pescia.
Upon exiting the tunnel, there is a private beach with exclusive access to a natural swimming pool bordered by small waterfalls.
On the north side was brought to light by the current owner Letizia the old stone called "gora" which made the water flow to the millpond to operate the millstones, then placed inside the mill, one of which is still visible as part of the outside sink.
The building active until the early '50s, at the end of 2002 has been restored with great skill and intended for residential purposes in civil.
It is composed of two apartments and a mansard, independent of each other.
Each of the units is equipped with fireplace, built-in kitchen, terracotta-tiled floor and and ceilings with exposed beams. The bathrooms are completely renovated with modern standards, are endowed of showers and the mansard is endowed of jacuzzi
The green of the forest and the water flow of the river, make this place an oasis of relaxation in contact with the nature: a beautiful vien on Valleriana and a window into the past, to the discovery of an ancient world full of scents and flavors of the past.