We pride ourselves in offering you a clean, quiet and affordable room and bathroom. We work and live out of our home and have been in this community for many years. We are within walking distance to bus and Wheaton Metro rail lines to D.C. We are also close to shopping centers,botanical gardens,regional park, and food establishments.
*PLEASE READ ALL HOUSE RULES BEFORE CONTACTING US*
Your large (11'x13') private, furnished bedroom includes a new queen size bed (all cotton bedding), glass and metal combo shelves , for storing your clothes,etc. ( as well as a closet for hanging clothes) , and a large table/desk. There is a mini fridge in the room for storing cold food/drinks etc.
Ample closet room,recessed ceiling lighting with dimmer control,3 speed ceiling fan,lovely wool rug on wood flooring.
You have a choice of pillow styles to choose from. Shared bathroom with shower/bath adjacent to your (URL HIDDEN) provided for toiletries. Bath Towel, washcloth ,and bath mat provided during your stay.
High Speed internet wireless connection included.
We offer complimentary fresh homemade fudge upon arrival.
We have street parking available in front of our home. Our room is in a residential area,our street is technically a circle,so no through traffic.
Your stay here allows you access to your private room and shared bathroom/shower.
Interazione con gli ospiti
We are live and work out of our home.. We respect your privacy during your stay. We do not give house keys to our guest.
We can gladly can help you with the area having lived in this home and neighborhood for many years!
Altre cose da evidenziare
As we do not offer kitchen privileges we require guests staying longer than one week to have their own transportation. It does not mean you cannot use the metro system but that you have another mode of transportation as well. We also prefer guests who are typically out of the home during the day whether for business or pleasure. As we do not give out house keys, this provides us time to run errands and other activities outside our home.
Your room comes with fast 50/50 Mbps wireless internet connection.
Laundry Services are available for $3 per pound with a $10 minimum charge.(not available on weekends). Host will perform the services using our own washer/dryer. We do have an excellent 24 hr. Laundromat close by that also has laundry drop off services, as well as Dry Cleaners.
We have a 10 year old indoor/outdoor cat that comes in to eat nightly in the kitchen,and occasionally sleeps in the living room area,usually in the winter time! He has no access to the room.
As we often have more than one guest in our home at any given time,and the rooms are close by to each other, it is important for all guests to be considerate and responsible at all times. All guests must be have completed the Verified ID process before booking.
1. We require you to have your own vehicle here if staying longer than one week.You can use other transportation while here but we find that without kitchen privileges etc. it is much more practical to have a vehicle for running errands,eating out,etc. Parking is available in front of our home.
2. For the comfort and quiet of other guests we require all guests to be back in their room by 10 pm daily. No exceptions.
3.For both our security and that of our guests,we do not provide a house key during your stay.
It is imperative that we know your daily schedule so we may plan our day around it.
4. No noise in room after 10 PM, this includes phone calls.
5.Only registered guests allowed in our home at any given time.
6. Alcohol and smoking is not allowed on the premises.
7. No lighting/burning of any substance in your room including incense and candles.
8. No mail or packages to be delivered to our home address.
9. No kitchen privileges allowed. No access to kitchen at all (this includes microwave and refrigerator).You have a mini fridge in your room for storing food and drinks. No cooking allowed in room.
10. We offer laundry services as mentioned in our listing,we do not allow washing of clothes in bathroom tub or sink.
11. For long term stays, fresh bedding and towels will be exchanged weekly, or as requested.
12. You have access to your room and bathroom only. All other areas of our home are off-limits.
13. Check out on your last day is 11 am.
14. Due to the close proximity of other guest rooms,if you use perfumes/cologne we prefer having you apply them when out of the home.
15.Check in is between 3 to 8 PM on your first day.
Dee, (the love of my life) and I once crossed paths in a small fishing village in southern Spain 50 years ago when we were children. Our military parents worked at the time on a U.S. Navy base. We didn't truly meet until 3 years ago, and as fate would have it, we became a couple.
We both have travelled the world, I spent 10 years in Spain (on the beach!),and Dee was not only in Spain, but spent a few years in Japan as well while in high school.I have relatives in England, Australia,Italy, India,and Mauritius, and throughout the U.S..
We love to meet and converse with people from all walks of life, and especially people from outside the United States.