Su questo annuncio
Live like a local in one of Tushar Atre's Santa Cruz rental properties. Awesome downstairs unit of a legal duplex, only one block from breathtaking beach at 38th Ave off Pleasure Point (30 seconds from door to beach!). Landlubbers delight and surfers unite. From the golden cliffs to the redwood forests (within miles!), this home was made for you.
Enjoy rich, homey hues and simple pleasures. Bohemian, vintage textures, patterns, and play!
The three bedrooms, fit for two per, provide a good night’s rest. As of the end of August 2016, we have NEW pillows, blankets, and sheets for a cozier sleep. The bedrooms do not have TVs; enjoy the natural glow of the moon and rising sun instead. Please note that bedrooms 2 & 3 are adjacent (shotgun style) but each have the option of private entrance: simply lock the door between them and enter bedroom 2 via the inside of the house and bedroom 3 via the outdoor patio sliding door. Check out our photos for a look at the layout.
Wake up or wind down with a hot shower in our recently remodeled bathroom. Towels and basic bath products are provided. A washer and dryer are available in the hall directly outside the bathroom.
Our open living room has a Netflix-ready television (no cable, Netflix + DVD only), lounge-worthy couch, and an antique desk, should you need to plug in (free WiFi) or are inspired by the lost art of postcard writing.
This space flows into the dining area and kitchen. Cook in our well-equipped kitchen and break bread atop the driftwood dining table with seating for six – driftwood harvested + table built by Tushar.
The outdoor space is shared with upstairs guests. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with our house rules below as some pertain to these areas:
Sliding doors take you directly into the backyard, with a patio setup, including another ‘driftwood table by Tushar,’ and our hot tub.
The outdoor shower, best for rinsing sand off when you return from the beach, is on the side of the garage opposite the entrance way. You may access it via the walkway between the duplex and the garage.
You'll have complete access to the downstairs unit and share the backyard and hot tub with the upstairs unit. You could also rent the upstairs unit, if available, which is listed here: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7091856.
Parking: There is one off-street spot designated for the downstairs unit (spot #2). There will also be one on-street permit available to you during your stay.
Interazione con gli ospiti
Our house manager is available to answer any questions or make recommendations, and will arrange arrival plans with you prior to your stay.
Coffee, surf, beach, eat, cruiser bike, relax, repeat.
You’re in Surf City’s sweet spot, with beginner surf breaks, 1st and 2nd Peaks, and the “Hook” only minutes away. Walking distance to some of the tastiest local dining, coffee, and markets, and funky shops to boot. Here are some of our favorite neighborhood stops. More recs provided in pamphlet in your unit.
// Rent a board and surf gear and/or seek out a lesson at: Freeline Surf Shop on 41st Ave
// Rent a bike at: Family Cycling Center on 41st Ave
// Grab a cup of coffee at: Verve on 41st Ave – home to the best beans in town + delicious pastries from Manresa Bread, a tops Bay Area bakery)
// Get your market on at: New Leaf Community Market on 41st Ave – fantastic spot for locally-sourced produce, prepared food, sandwiches, bulk items, or any groceries, plus there's a great café inside the market: we recommend the vegan chocolate cupcakes (even if you love butter!) + the green smoothies + the hot apple, lemon, ginger drink.
// Nearest lunch or dinner and drinks dining at: Suda on Portola Dr – tasty ‘New American’ style food
// Or grab a quick slice at: Pleasure Pizza on 41st Ave
// Pick up a breakfast burrito at: E Cliff Drive Point Cafe @ Pleasure Point
// Then take a stroll or cruise along E Cliff Dr down to the ‘Hook’ or upcoast to 26th Ave Beach and take the path through the eucalyptus groves of Moran Lake Park
// Stretch it out and ommm at: Pleasure Point Yoga on Portola Dr (directly up street from house)
Un giro nei dintorni
We have one off-street parking spot with this unit and one guest parking spot that allows you to park on the streets nearby. We are otherwise within a minute of the beach, and short walking distance to food and shops, or you may rent a bike down the street to cruise around.
Altre cose da evidenziare
There is an additional 11% Transient Occupancy Tax (ToT) that we are required to collect and pay to the County of Santa Cruz.
Check in 3:00pm / Check out 11:00am (strict)
Please read the following house rules to ensure your stay is of the best quality.
1. First rule of abode...enjoy your stay!
2. NO SMOKING: Do not smoke inside the house. And please think twice before smoking near the house, especially if we have other guests.
3. NEIGHBORS + NOISE:
- Per above, you may have upstairs neighbors with whom you share walls and the backyard space. Airbnbers unite!
- We do not allow house parties or excessive noise; please be mindful of noise/music levels.
- Quiet hours are 10:00pm-10:00am.
4. FOUR-LEGGED + TWO-LEGGED KIDDOS:
- Please don't leave any presents from your dog behind (or…your dog's behind!). You must always clean up after your dog immediately after they go.
- Please keep dogs off couches and beds.
- Check with upstairs unit guests BEFORE letting your dog run loose in the yard, which is shared with all guests.
- Your child(ren) will have FUN in Santa Cruz. The safety and security of your child(ren) in our abode is ultimately your responsibility. We also advocate ocean safety: never turn your back to mother ocean and if in doubt, don't go out.
5. THE HOT TUB:
- Shared with upstairs unit guests.
- Rinse off sand and dirt before getting in the hot tub; use shower on side of garage or hose underneath the deck.
- Always cover hot tub when not in use to keep dirt and debris out.
- Hit the "jets" button to turn on the jets and lights.
- Never fill hot tub with hose water.
6. KEEP THE HOUSE SO FRESH, SO CLEAN:
- Remove shoes when inside. Aloha tradition.
- Rinse sandy feet and/or bodies outside using the outdoor shower before entering the house après beach time.
- Treat the kitchen as your own: please wipe off countertops/oven/refrigerator/etc., wash all kitchen items after use, and run the garbage disposal to clear out any food after you make your delicious meals.
7. NETFLIX AND...DVD:
- Please use your own login to access Netflix (we do not offer cable TV).
- You may use the DVD player and rent DVDs at the Redbox at 7/11 on Portola Dr.
8. WHAT TO DO BEFORE YOU CHECK OUT: Please do the following to ensure your security deposit is returned in full. Many thanks!
- Strip sheets and pillowcases on all beds used during your stay; if you have time, we'd greatly appreciate it if you would put bedding and towels in the washer and get a load going!
- Dispose of all garbage; there are large recycling [blue] and trash [black] bins at the end of the driveway.
- Check that the refrigerator is clean and cleared of any perishable items.
- Wash any kitchen/cook/dinnerware that you used during your stay.
- Tidy up the rooms you occupied; if you moved any items or furniture during your stay, please put everything back to where it was when you arrived.
- If you have a dog with you, double-check the yard to ensure all waste has been picked up.
Cancella fino a 7 giorni prima del viaggio e ricevi un rimborso del 50%, più i costi del servizio.
Questo host ha 160 recensioni per altri annunci.Vedi altre recensioni
Hey there, kind travelers!
If you're visiting any of the following locations, I've got the spots for you! I set them up just how I like them personally. You will like.
Santa Cruz: If you love surfing, aspire to surf, or love hanging by the beach, then please visit my lovely Pleasure Point (east side Santa Cruz) beach bungalows. There's two legal units on the same property with a sweet back yard and hot tub, and it's just a block from the water on 38th Ave. You can walk up the point to the following surf breaks: Rockview, Sewers, 1st Peak, or 2nd Peak. Those waves alone could take a lifetime to explore. 38th Ave. gets really good on a south swell and in general it's a great wave for beginners. There's stairs down to a sandy beach (except at high tide when it might get a little sketchy), and you can watch your waterborne compatriots from the sandstone cliff. There's a sweet spot on the cliff where dogs (and people) mingle. Down coast you have The Hook and Sharks. It's just a quick walk - like 5 minutes. The Hook is a world class break. Incredible. Don't worry about the name Sharks. There's little leopard sharks and smooth hound sharks, but no white sharks inside the kelp beds. There's a great little commercial area at the end of 41st Ave. which is 5 minutes walking in the other direction, and you can get your burritos, chinese food, sushi, burgers, pizza, ice cream and of course delectable coffee (Verve Coffee), to name a few. There are 5 surf shops, a great bike shop and really, anything you could want, all within walking distance. I love Santa Cruz so much. I'll end up there. It's a dream come true.
Portland: NE Alberta Ave. is the best. Craftsman homes have been remodeled carefully. I've got 2 of them up there, and one of the homes has two legal units. I do monthly Airbnb rentals. There's the seasons, the culture, and did I mention the food? Everything within walking distance. The neighborhood (fantastic) used to be mostly black, and now there's hippies walking goats around. Diversity rules. You'll find yoga, breakfast spots, fine wine, restaurants with ratings, dive breakfast spots, drinks, food trucks, beautiful art, coffee, juice bars, and anything else you could want. Easy access to downtown. You'll have a blast!
San Francisco: OK, so the SF spot is super duper. It's a penthouse on Potrero Hill. You just have to see it to believe it. The view leaves me speechless every time I'm there, and the decor is ultra modern. Wow.
Los Gatos: Ahh, the burbs. Los Gatos is the last town in Silicon Valley before you head over the hill to Santa Cruz. I love it. The home was built in 1895 (not a typo!) and it's in an old part of town with tree lined streets. Take a 5 minute walk into downtown; it's idyllic. Great shops, restaurants, galleries, and amazing people! Families or business travelers, come one and all. If you're working at Netflix or Apple or any of the nearby tech stars, then ditch the hotel and do something fun. Live like a local. You'll learn so much! In the summer, there are world class camps for the kids.
And a bit about me:
I'm a maker at heart, and I love to remodel homes. I own a B2B web marketing agency serving Silicon Valley tech companies. I've been running it since 1996. I currently have 7 Airbnb listings. I treat my guests well, and I love their stories. Tell me about you! I'm all ears.