Su questo annuncio
Welcome to The Hen House! Enjoy your own private mini guest cabin in Los Angeles' Mid City, which is literally the middle of Los Angeles! Mid City is L.A.'s most densely populated enclave and the new hipster playground with hot restaurants and a culturally diverse crowd. Most everything is 10-20 minutes away from here: Hollywood, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Downtown L.A., Venice Beach, Santa Monica, Koreatown, Hancock Park, LAX and more! Check us out on Instagram @henhousela
**Thank you for our SUPERHOST Status!!
**Check out our NEW Airbnb Experience - Be A DJ For A Day!
The "Hen House" is our remodeled mini guest cabin (150 sq ft) in the backyard of our 1919 Spanish-style house purchased from Eartha Kitt and her then husband. Our Hen House is a relaxing, comfortable and peaceful place in the heart of the city.
Our 150 sq ft space includes a queen pillow top mattress (super super soft!), a kitchenette (mini fridge, toaster, Keurig, electric kettle, hot plate, convection oven, microwave, cookware, silverware, glasses), tv (local channels + Amazon Firestick with Hulu, NetFlix, Sling etc), wifi, super high ceilings and french doors. We also provide a small selection of Keurig coffee cups, sweeteners, teas, creamer, snacks and water. The Hen House is equipped with a ceiling fan, plug-in heater and a wall air conditioner unit.
Please enjoy our spa-like bathroom. Relax in our shower (for two) after a great day of sightseeing! The bamboo "forest" outside adds to the peaceful zen vibe. It comes stocked with towels, a hair dryer, toilet paper and hotel-size soap, body wash, shampoo and lotion. NOTE: The bathroom is not in the Hen House. It is about 10 steps away attached to our music studio, "next door". It is private and you do not share it with anyone. Think of it as glamping! Our guests do!
We have a working music studio on the property. As Burt is a Grammy-winning studio engineer, producer, composer and DJ, many artists come to have sessions. Perhaps you may run into someone? :) If you are an artist and need a studio, please let us know for a special rate.
Our backyard is now officially a Certified Wildlife Habitat and a Monarch Waystation! Although we live in the city, we do have a flock of wild parrots (that usually fly overhead around 12 noon), blue jays, a random duck or two, woodpeckers, raccoons, opossums and hawks. We also have a brook that runs through the neighborhood.
The Hen House also includes a private patio with a bistro table for two, lounge chairs, a gas bbq and a charcoal bbq and an organic garden with various fruits & veggies for you to pick (depending on what's ready and in season!). Feel free to really rest and relax - grill outside, practice yoga (we even supply a yoga mat!), get in some sun or read a book on your patio. Our sunny weather practically allows this year round!
Interazione con gli ospiti
We are here to help you, though we try our best to stay out of your way! Many of our guests love their privacy while others like a more hands-on approach. Please let us know which you prefer!
Altre cose da evidenziare
Our guests are usually dog lovers as we have a 100+ pound pit bull. He is super sweet and just might lick you to death if you are lucky. :) He loves making new friends! We also dog sit a 1 year old Golden Retriever once a month - she just might lick you to death too! Both love making new friends - but we do try to keep them away from guests to not bother them during their stay.
We "inherited" two cats when we moved into the property years ago. They are both outdoor cats and usually hang around the front of our house and at our neighbor's. If you are allergic: They have no interest in going in the back of the property, where the Hen House is located, and do not use the furniture. They consider the backyard, the dogs' domain. If you are not allergic, and want to interact, Marley and Moon may come up to greet you if you call them. Otherwise, they keep their distance. They also get routine flea medicine.
If you have a car, we have ample street parking. There is street cleaning on Wednesdays and Thursdays between 9am 12pm.
Our gardener comes every Wednesday between 10am-12pm - please keep that in mind if you sleep in!
1. To get to the Hen House, you must walk on uneven grass. Please keep this in mind if you wear heels or are not steady on your feet.
2. To ensure the safety of our music studio, we do have security cameras on the property. There are NO cameras inside the Hen House nor in the bathroom.
3. The Hen House is only 150 sq ft. If you are not sure how small that is, we suggest you find out prior to your stay! It will work for long-term stays, if you are comfortable with the size. Our longest stay, so far, has been 40 straight days!
4. NO parties. NO outside guests (unless OK'd by us). Our house rules were put in place to keep you and our property safe!
Thank you in advance for respecting our house rules, they are very important to us. Please read them thoroughly, and follow them. If you have any questions regarding them or don't understand them, please let us know. :)
(1) Please keep a reasonable volume as to not disturb our neighbors after hours. This means loud music etc.
(2) No outside guests are permitted on our property unless arranged between registered guest and owner. If you want to bring someone by, please let us know. If you want someone to spend the night, please let us know as the $12 extra guest fee applies to them too. If you bring people on our property, outside of the original reservation and not ok'd by us, you will be fined $100 per person. NO PARTIES - NO EXCUSES.
(3) Please remember to keep our property's gate closed and locked at all times! We have dogs on our property and we would like them to stay there! :)
(4) Please leave the house in the same condition you found it as when you first arrived. Please wash any dishes you use during your stay. Please do not put food down our kitchenette sink!
(5) No smoking allowed inside the Hen House. Outdoor smoking is fine - but please dispose of your cigarette butts responsibly!
(6) Please turn off the electricity, heaters and the AC before leaving for the day or evening. But please feel free to leave on outside lights if leaving for the evening - we want your path back to the Hen House to be well-lit! :)
(7) California is in a DROUGHT! Please be mindful of the water you use and help us save a little!
(8) Please do not put items down the toilet other than toilet paper!
(9) Check out is at 11am. If you are not out by then, and have not discussed a late check out with us, you will be charged for an extra night at the rate you have locked in.
Please make sure you have reviewed the Hen House rules prior to booking. We need to ensure we keep YOU safe, our property safe and that we are respectful to our neighbors. :)
Cancella la prenotazione fino a 5 giorni prima del viaggio per ottenere un rimborso totale. Puoi cancellare la prenotazione anche entro 5 giorni dal tuo arrivo, ma la prima notte non verrà rimborsata e riceverai un rimborso del 50% del costo per le notti rimanenti.
We are L.A. natives that work in the entertainment industry (Kerith is a Publicist and Burt Blackarach is a Music Producer/Composer/DJ). When we have time off we enjoy gardening, traveling, great food and fabulous conversation. We welcome everyone!! Our home is our sanctuary -- we look forward to you enjoying it as much as we do!
Check out our EXPERIENCE on Airbnb! https://www.airbnb.com/experiences/67342