Enjoy your stay at The Studio, a light-filled two floors apartment with balconies in a quiet area of south Milan, 10 min distance from Navigli and Tortona area, and very well connected to the center
The two floors apartment guarantee privacy to guests (we sleep at sixt floor). Is available all the year one pull-out sofa bedroom for one person with large window and direct access to private bathroom with tub at fifth floor. Perfect for Piano players, a piano is in the room.
Continental breakfast is provided every morning. Light dinner on request.
- Free Internet wireless and local calls
- Private security service and alarm, elevator
- Balcony free smoking
- Large Kitchen – Dishwasher, Fridge, Microwave, Oven, Cookware and Tableware
- Laundry Room
- Linens/Towels Provided. Free Iron service on demand, dozen of public rapid laundries in the street
- Air Conditioning/Heating
- Piano in the room
Main areas are in common like kitchen, 6th floor is a private area
Interazione con gli Ospiti
We are a three people family mostly busy during the Salone but we enjoy late dinner or breakfast time with guests respecting their privacy.
The neighborhood is quiet and very well connected with center or Zona Tortona also now that Expo 2015 works are blocking part of the town. Navigli, Università Bocconi, Porta Ticinese and Colonne di San Lorenzo are 10-20 minutes walking distance with a large selections of restaurants, bars, public & historical areas and parcs to enjoy Milan.
- Local products, fruits, flowers, fish, organic markets every wednesday and saturday mornings in the quartier
- Fresh fruit shop, pizzeria, sushi resturants (good or cheap) in the street.
- Internationally known restaurant The Sadler and Cracco's Carlo & Camilla steps from home.
Sicilian experience at Al Ficodindia restaurant nearby.
- Veranda experience at: California Bakery and Pizzeria S. Eustorgio both on the way on tram line 3 (4/5 stops)
- truly Milanese kitchen at trattoria La Madonnina steps away
- Every kind of supermarket or take away restaurant at Viale Tibaldi or Via Meda and Corso San Gottardo.
Parcs and enterteinment
- Parco Ravizza (Università Bocconi) and Giardini di via Tabacchi are walking distance. Well known Parco delle Basiliche for an historical visit to Piazza Sant Eustorgio and related Museo Diocesano are 15 min walking distance or 4 stops with tram n.3 (stop Piazza XXIV Maggio)
- Classic music and concerts at Auditorium di Milano, Corso San Gottardo
Please require maps in advance.
Un giro nei dintorni
Get to The Studio: Stazione centrale is linked with the area by Linea verde - Romolo metro station plus bus 90-91, stop at Tibaldi Meda, or by Linea Gialla number 3 to Lodi metro station plus bus 90-91, stop at Tibaldi Meda.
Malpensa airport is linked to Cadorna then green line to Romolo metro. For those who arrives to Linate I alway suggest a Taxi. Costs max 20 euro.
Steps to bus 59 (to Piazza XXIV Maggio), and to bus stop 91 to Zona Tortona and Romolo metro station (Linea verde to Stazione Centrale).
Steps to tramway stop number 3 and 15 both going to Duomo, Brera, Milano center in 20 minutes.
We need a copy of your I.D by fax or internet a week before arriving
Smoking is allowed on terraces if request
you wil have a pair of key. In case of late night entrance please respect quite hours in the building.
I was lucky so I have stayed with Francesca, Andrea and their petite son Pietro, they are very warm, helpfull and possitive and very intellectual family; I can say as they were like your family; everyday they're calling that you need something, advices, adreses, transportation..! But I will not forget every morning the breakfast was ready with all smilly and happy athmospher: wih fresh orange juice and homemade jam.:) The house is bigger then picture, very comfortable, full of day light, big bathroom with bathtube, when you are at home you feel very relax, comfortable..Out of home area is safty at midnight..To reach to Douma and Via Manzoni is very easy by tram that pass front of next three appartments, I was going to Furniture Fiera at Rho,it was easy without traffic..Francesca and Andrea are very opened mind couple, helpfull, exellent guide also for Milano; I advice and recommende to other people...
Ein wunderbares Zimmer mit privatem Bad/ WC, alles sehr schön, sauber und ruhig. Guter Tramanschluss direkt zum Duomo (ca. 20min)
Die Gastgeber Francesca und ihr Mann sind sehr liebenswürdig und hilfsbereit!
Auf jedenfalls eine gute Adresse! Nochmals vielen Dank Francesca
This is my second time staying with Francesca and her family; as last year, it was a perfect stay. The perfect combination of hospitality and privacy :)
Francesca's super helpful and makes time to ensure everything's going smoothly!
Staying at Francesca's and Alberto's place was a pleasure. Just as described, well located for my purposes, an enjoyable walk to the Tortona area. The room is very nice, cleaned daily and has private bathroom.
Francesca is super friendly and very helpful; whilst still respecting privacy.
Overall a great experience!
I had such a great stay at 'the studio.' Francesca and Alberto are terrific hosts...not only did they provide maps with great suggestions of places and things to see, their warmth and friendly nature really made me feel at home in their place. Their home is right off one of the above ground trams that leads to the duome in like 12 minutes! I would highly recommend this place!
I'm am Francesca Sottilaro, i live in Milan and i'm Fashion, design and marketing journalist. We love hosting during fashion weeks, design events and fairs. Come and stay and relax as at home.