PRICE INCLUDES LOCAL 10% HOSPITALITY TAX--This house was originally built on the Marine base at Parris Island as a barrack. It was moved to Pigeon Point Road in the 1950's where it was used for storage. We purchased it in 2001 and moved to 1106 Laudonniere St.. It's original size was only 14' by 42 ' and the design is commonly referred to as a 'shotgun house'. We began major renovation immediately adding two bedrooms and two bathrooms. It was a work in progress until our second major conversion in 2009 to accommodate our aging parents. More space and comfort was created by adding two bays to the living area and 2 walk-in closets. A gas fireplace was installed in one bay to enhance the sitting area; the other bay provides a nice dinning area with floor to ceiling windows overlooking a flower garden and bird feeder. A walk-in shower was added to one of the baths and the screened porch on the back side of the house was added. A coat closet was added in the hallway between the kitchen and dining room and doubles for extra linen storage. The home is now a full functioning house with roomy cathedral ceilings, ceiling fans and heart-pine flooring throughout -- complete with authentic claw-foot bathtub just off the master bedroom. The cottage is painted in colors compatible with its lowcountry surroundings and the decor includes which includes Eric's lowcountry photographs throughout - ever reminding guests of the extraordinary wildlife and natural scenics of the region.