A traditional Welsh stone cottage in a beautiful rural location overlooked by Dinefwr Castle. Just 2 miles from the quirky town of Llandeilo with its quirky shops and cafes. Within easy reach of all the attractions of South and West Wales.
A cosy stone built country cottage nestling in the peaceful, unspoilt countryside of the Towy Valley and overlooked by the twelfth century Dinefwr Castle. In an idyllic rural setting, two miles from the historic and quirky town of Llandeilo, it is an ideal base for visiting Wales. It is within easy reach of the breath-taking scenery of the Brecon Beacons National Park, the beaches of West Wales and the splendid gardens of the Towy valley. The National Botanic Gardens of Wales, with its great glasshouse, and Aberglasney Gardens are just minutes away. The bustling town of Carmarthen and the city of Swansea are both easily reached by car.
Carreg Cennen cottage is named after the spectacular Carreg Cennen castle in the Brecon Beacons that is only 5 miles away.
The cottage is one of three cottages, that have been converted from the original stone outbuildings of a 19th century farm, and are set around a courtyard next to an orchard where our guests can barbeque in the summer, pick fruit in the autumn or simply watch the deer grazing at dusk.
Guests can enjoy themselves fishing for sewin (sea trout) on the renowned Towy river, bird watching (the red kite can often be seen hovering over Dinefwr Castle) and walking.
• sleeps 3 people in a double bedroom and a single bedroom
• The L shaped living room, with kitchen and dining area has high ceilings with exposed beams
• Comfortably furnished with colour TV with Sky freesat and DVD player
• Full central heating
• Bed linen and towels provided
• Cot & high chair available on request
• Kitchen is fully equipped with 4 hob cooker, microwave, toaster, fridge, coffee maker
• Wheelchair accessible, no steps or ramps
• Patio with garden furniture
• Parking space for 1 car directly outside cottage, small car park for additional cars available behind games room.
• Use of games room with table tennis, snooker and a selection of toys
• Large gardens with picnic tables
• Use of communal laundry room with washing machines, tumble dryer and ironing facilities
The cottage is one of 3 which have been converted from old farm buildings. The cottage has it's own patio and parking area and guests can use the large communal gardens which are behind the games room. As well as a large lawned area with picnic table there is also a large orchard which is bordered by ancient oak trees. There are paths mown through the orchard but areas are left to encourage wild flowers to grow and to provide protection for the local wildlife. Deer are frequently seen in the orchard at dusk.
The games room has table tennis, snooker, book shelves and a toy box for young children and is available for guests to use.
There is also a communal laundry room with 2 washing machines, tumble dryer and ironing facilities for guests.
Interazione con gli ospiti
I live in a house on the site and am always here to greet guests and show them around. If you want to know anything about the area or where to go I can usually help.
Very few house rules. The cottage is self-contained so we only ask that you treat the cottage as you would your own home and ensure that it is clean and tidy when you leave. All breakages have to be paid for.
Questo host ha 28 recensioni per altri annunci.Vedi altre recensioni
I live on site and I can give you lots of tips on what to do and where to go in the area.