Perfect apartment for exploring NYC's trendy downtown area.
Newly furnished and decorated in July 2012!!!
Stylish and comfortable 1BR apartment railroad-style with exposed brick walls in the trendy heart of Alphabet City in NYC's East Village. Located near Thompkins Square park on a safe tree-lined street with literally countless great bars, restaurants and unique shops only steps away. Conveniently located on elevated ground floor.
ABOUT THE APARTMENT:
• Spacious railroad layout
• Hardwood floors and marble tiles
• Southern exposure living room
• 32" widescreen LCD HDTV
• Orthopedic Queen-size bed
• Includes all linens, blankets, towels and pillows
• Fully stocked kitchen with granite countertop
• Fold-out couch sleeps 2 additional guests
• Full gas range, microwave oven, dishwasher
• Jetted Spa Shower
• Full wooden closet
• Separate dressing area
• High-end fixtures and amenities
• Solid mahogany french glass doors
• Located on elevated ground floor
• Air-conditioned bedroom and living room
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
• Prime location in the East Village in walking distance to countless trendy restaurants, bars and boutiques, just blocks from the famous Thompkins Square Park and St. Marks Place
• The East Village is the prime area in the City for nightlife and is always bustling with people and activity
• Walking distance to the Lower East Side which is also great for restaurants and nightlife
• Immediate neighborhood has plenty of deli's and mom and pop shops to get whatever you may need
• Safe tree-lined street
• Delicious cafes and espresso bars
• Grocery Shopping (Whole Foods, delis, Organic Markets, etc...)
• Fashion Shopping (John Varvatos, Blue and Cream, Bbblessing, etc...)
• Tourist Attractions (Stomp, Blue Man Group, Filmore East Theater, PS 122 and many more)
• NYU, Cooper Square School
• Banks close by
• 3 min. to the L train which takes you along 14th St to Union Square, Chelsea and the Meatpacking district in minutes or into artsy Williamsburg across the East River
• 5 min to the 6, N and R train
• Taxis everywhere
• 3 min. to St Marks Place and Thompkins Square Park
• 5 min. to Astor Place
• 8 min. to the Lower East Side
• 8 min. to Union Square •10 min to The New Museum
• Lower East Side
• Gramercy Park
• Flatiron District
• West Village
ARRIVING FROM JFK AIRPORT
• Yellow cab, $45 plus tip
• Super Shuttle, $23
• NYAS Airport Express Bus to Port Authority $15, transfer to the N or R train to Union Square, transfer to L train to 1st Ave, $2.50.
ARRIVING FROM NEWARK AIRPORT
• Yellow cab, $84, plus tip
• Super Shuttle, $28
• Olympia Trail bus to Port Authority for $15 and transfer to the transfer to the N or R train to Union Square, transfer to L train to 1st Ave, $2.50
ARRIVING FROM LA GUARDIA AIRPORT
• Yellow cab, $20 plus tip
• M60 Bus to Lexington Ave and 125th St, transfer to 4,5 express train to Union Square, transfer to L train to 1st Avenue, $2.50.
No pets and no smoking please.
The apartment has nice energy and is very cozy. Please treat it respectfully as you would your own.
Feel free to ask me any additional questions.
No pets and no smoking. Please be respectful to the neighbors. Please make sure that you always lock the apartment door by key when you leave. Also please turn the a/c, the fan and lights off when you go out as it would cause unnecessary energy consumption.
We were very happy with our stay at Margaret's apartment. Exactly as described with fully equipped kitchen, all clean and cosy. We liked the supplied toiletry as well as the fact that basic cooking ingredients (salt, oil, etc) were there, that we otherwise would have had to bring with us.
Margaret was very accommodating regarding our delayed arrival and her friend welcomed us and showed us around. Also upon leaving we could trust in Margaret's flexibility to allow check-out during the day.
The apartment is easy to reach, bus stop just 2 min away and not far to walk to subway "L". Esplanade for jogging along the East River Esplanade only a few blocks away. Countless possibilities for dining; supermarket nearby. Interesting surroundings in an upcoming neighborhood!
When coming back to NYC we will definitely consider this place again!
The apartment was nice and well decorated in a good neighborhood. Margaret welcomed us when we came there and showed us around. We had a great time.
Margaret was very considerate and thoughtful around arranging my arrival. Her apartment is really great, if you don't mind the railroad car layout, walking through the bedroom to go to the bathroom (if you have guests staying in the living room). It is very clean, uncluttered and modern. Plenty of towels, lots of closet space, a full kitchen with dishwasher! The apartment is on the ground floor on the front of the building, so you do hear people coming in and out at the entrance and people talking as they walk by the front window. It's New York City, so really what you would expect! Most importantly for me, Margaret only uses natural products for cleaning and washing, so the apartment is chemical free, which is mandatory for me. I stayed for almost two weeks and used a laundry mat around the corner that was super clean and nice. I would definitely stay there again!
We had a very good experience in NYC, the place is as described, nicely decorated, bright and cosy. It was freezing outside and the flat is very warm and sometimes too hot compared to the outside temperatures ;-) ! The area is great, close to restaurants, bars and metro station.
Thanks Margaret and Bajon !
I had a great experience here - the place is exactly as described - clean, bright and very nice decorated.
The location is terrific - walking distance from the EV night life scene, coffee shops and union square.
I would love to stay here once again in the future.
The whole trip was seamless. I was met by the Host's friend, who was extremely kind and very informative. The apartment is stunning and nicer than on the photos!
The area really couldn't be better. Thank you for having me.
Very good experience. Great apartment with everything we needed in a fantastic location. Close to loads of restaurants and bars and short walk to subway. Apartment was really warm, clean and comfortable too! Would stay again
Questo host ha 30 recensioni per altri annunci.Vedi Altre Recensioni
I enjoy hosting visitors who want to experience the city from the inside and giving them the experience of living like a real New Yorker.
I love photography, art galleries and traveling and events and I'm happy to share with you what the city has to offer.
I speak English, German and Italian.