Perfect apartment for exploring NYC's trendy downtown area.
Newly furnished and decorated in July 2012!!!
Stylish and comfortable 1BR apartment railroad-style with exposed brick walls in the trendy heart of Alphabet City in NYC's East Village. Located near Thompkins Square park on a safe tree-lined street with literally countless great bars, restaurants and unique shops only steps away. Conveniently located on elevated ground floor.
ABOUT THE APARTMENT:
• Spacious railroad layout
• Hardwood floors and marble tiles
• Southern exposure living room
• 32" widescreen LCD HDTV
• Orthopedic Queen-size bed
• Includes all linens, blankets, towels and pillows
• Fully stocked kitchen with granite countertop
• Fold-out couch sleeps 2 additional guests
• Full gas range, microwave oven, dishwasher
• Jetted Spa Shower
• Full wooden closet
• Separate dressing area
• High-end fixtures and amenities
• Solid mahogany french glass doors
• Located on elevated ground floor
• Air-conditioned bedroom and living room
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
• Prime location in the East Village in walking distance to countless trendy restaurants, bars and boutiques, just blocks from the famous Thompkins Square Park and St. Marks Place
• The East Village is the prime area in the City for nightlife and is always bustling with people and activity
• Walking distance to the Lower East Side which is also great for restaurants and nightlife
• Immediate neighborhood has plenty of deli's and mom and pop shops to get whatever you may need
• Safe tree-lined street
• Delicious cafes and espresso bars
• Grocery Shopping (Whole Foods, delis, Organic Markets, etc...)
• Fashion Shopping (John Varvatos, Blue and Cream, Bbblessing, etc...)
• Tourist Attractions (Stomp, Blue Man Group, Filmore East Theater, PS 122 and many more)
• NYU, Cooper Square School
• Banks close by
• 3 min. to the L train which takes you along 14th St to Union Square, Chelsea and the Meatpacking district in minutes or into artsy Williamsburg across the East River
• 5 min to the 6, N and R train
• Taxis everywhere
• 3 min. to St Marks Place and Thompkins Square Park
• 5 min. to Astor Place
• 8 min. to the Lower East Side
• 8 min. to Union Square •10 min to The New Museum
• Lower East Side
• Gramercy Park
• Flatiron District
• West Village
ARRIVING FROM JFK AIRPORT
• Yellow cab, $45 plus tip
• Super Shuttle, $23
• NYAS Airport Express Bus to Port Authority $15, transfer to the N or R train to Union Square, transfer to L train to 1st Ave, $2.50.
ARRIVING FROM NEWARK AIRPORT
• Yellow cab, $84, plus tip
• Super Shuttle, $28
• Olympia Trail bus to Port Authority for $15 and transfer to the transfer to the N or R train to Union Square, transfer to L train to 1st Ave, $2.50
ARRIVING FROM LA GUARDIA AIRPORT
• Yellow cab, $20 plus tip
• M60 Bus to Lexington Ave and 125th St, transfer to 4,5 express train to Union Square, transfer to L train to 1st Avenue, $2.50.
No pets and no smoking please.
The apartment has nice energy and is very cozy. Please treat it respectfully as you would your own.
Feel free to ask me any additional questions.
|Tipologia alloggio:||Intera casa/apt|
|Tipo di letto:||Letto Normale|
|Camere da letto:||1|
|Soggiorno Minimo:||5 notti|
|Prezzo settimanale:||1122€ /settimana|
|Prezzo Mensile:||3441€ /mese|
|Spese di pulizia:||75€|
|Termini di Cancellazione:||Rigidi|
What can we say, the only thing bad about our stay was we had to leave!!!! The apartment was a great location. Close to walk to the subway and some great cafe and restaurants right on our door step. The apartment was a great space, perfect for the three of us girls. It felt very homely, we loved the art work on the walks and being that it was Christmas time, we had our very own Christmas tree, so these little things made our stay extra special. The apartment was clean and tidy and had lots of clean fresh linen and towels.
While we did get the chance to meet Margaret in person, as she was away during our stay, she was a great host with fantastic knowledge about the area that she shared with us and she was always available and responded promptly to text messages and emails that we sent her.
I would highly recommend staying at Margaret's apartment and I hope one day to come back! We ❤️ NYC!!!
Great places close by that you can walk to that were our local favourite: Spina ltalian restaurant - amazing service and the food is fantastic! Westville - cool crowd with great food and wine. Thompkins Square Bagels - the best bagels in NYC!! We went for breakfast very morning....s(phone number hidden)good!!!! They make them on the premise.
Nuestra estancia en el apartamento de Margaret estuvo muy bien. El apartamento estaba muy limpio y tanto la cama de matrimonio como el sofá cama eran muy cómodos. La estación de metro más cercana está a escasos 10 minutos y la zona es tranquila. Margaret es muy buena anfitriona es todo momento estuvo muy atenta con (website hidden) un apartamento muy recomendable!! Gracias por todo Margaret!
I've spend a week memorable with my 18th years old Francisco in New York at Margaret apartment, very cosy, confortable and great localisation
Margaret was the perfect host
We strongly recomend Margaret apartment to a truly NY experiente with the sensation that we belong to the City !!!
Our stay in the apartment worked really well. It was a great location. The flat was tidy with plenty of bedding and towels. Margaret was great to deal with. Very professional and replied promptly to any questions. All in all we had a very good stay. Thank you Margaret.
Although we were 1 hour late, Bojan was still waiting for us. He showed us the wonderful place and gave us tips of the area before he left. Thanks Bojan.
The apt was very nice and had enough space for us (2adults+1 child) bathroom, kitchen, bedroom and living room were all very good.
The location is great and we felt save all the time. It has a lot of different restaurant, bars and take aways. Train stations are a couple of blocks away which give's you easy access to downtown.
After a day in the city walking around we felt it as a nice and quit place to come home to.
Before we left we met Margaret who was very nice.
We highly recommend this apt and would definitely book it again if we come back to NYC.
Overall good, decent value.
The communication with Margaret went really well. She was receptive to my questions and understanding that I was shopping around for a few different spots. In the end, my sister and I were pleased with our choice. Margaret and her friend were very responsive and flexible for our check-in and check-out. I really wouldn't recommend the pull out couch for more than 1 person, as stated in the listing. The bed itself was comfortable, lots of pillows and clean linens provided. A great little place to call home for a few days in the East Village!
Myself and 2 friends stayed in Margaret's apartment for a week while visiting NYC in May 2013. The overall airbnb experience was fantastic!! I highly recommend using it. The apartment itself was in a great location and was exactly as it was described - clean, stylish, great value and spacious. Communication with Margaret was fantastic. She was very prompt with her responses and answered any questions that we had. She also provided great local information in regard to restaurants, transport, bars and local attractions. Our stay in Margaret's apartment definitely made our week in NYC very memorable. We would spend out days and nights exploring the city and then come home to a comfortable, clean and relaxing apartment where we could rest our tired legs, ready for another wonderful day in the Big Apple. Thank you Margaret for being so accommodating and letting us stay in your beautiful home. I highly recommend Margaret's apartment if you are looking for somewhere to stay while visiting NYC. We hope to come back visit very soon Margaret!!
Stylish Nest i East Village er et ypperlig bosted for å oppleve mange ulike sider ved New York. Beliggenheten er sentral, samtidig som den er utenfor skyskraper-NY, og det er utrolig hyggelig å rusle rundt i gatene i området. Her er mye å oppdage, og sørger man for å ta ulike ruter til og fra leiligheten hver dag, dukker det opp utrolig mange fine kafeer, barer og spisesteder. Subwayen er bare 5 minutters gange fra leiligheten - i det hele tatt...! Leiligheten er nyoppusset, samtidig som du opplever at den ligger i en gammel bygård. Det er høyt under taket, og interiørvalgene er foretatt av en kjenner. Margaret er svært behjelpelig og fleksibel. For oss som var i NY for første gang, var det trygt å kunne rådføre seg med (website hidden) anbefaler absolutt Stylish Nest - og kommer gjerne igjen.