About this apartment :
This is a 3 Bedrooms and 2 bathrooms apartment is on the 2nd floor of a lovely 2 family brick house. Completely renovated and furnished in a modern, comfortable manner.
About your room : Private bedroom Queen size bed, TV free WIFI, closet and dresser,
Sharing this nice and gourmet kitchen, nice living room and dinning room and the bathroom with the other room, the master bedroom has is own private bathroom
Minutes from the subway that takes you right into Manhattan in 10 minutes to WTC and 20 minutes to 33rd Street!
Direct Access to all the Touristic sites: World Trade Center, Wall Street, Statue of Liberty, Village, Chelsea, Midtown. Taxi stations are very near, and it is easy to get to from the Newark airport.
Local stores in the area provide all you need for your stay. It is easy and safe to park on the street. Also of interest are the Filipinos district of Jersey City with good restaurants, and the beautiful historical downtown with the best view on Manhattan.
About your hosts: Friendly married couple who live in the apartment on the 1st floor with our 3 boys, we love soccer and Arsenal is our favorite team.
|Tipologia alloggio:||Stanza privata|
|Tipo di letto:||Letto Normale|
|Camere da letto:||1|
|Persone extra:||11€ / notte dopo il primo ospite|
|Soggiorno Minimo:||3 notti|
|Prezzo settimanale:||260€ /settimana|
|Prezzo Mensile:||557€ /mese|
|Spese di pulizia:||30€|
|Termini di Cancellazione:||Rigidi|
My friend and I had a great time in Judith's apartment. Since she is currently out of town, her friend who is living in the same house was our contact person. He was always nice, talkative and willing to help.
The apartment was clean and we had a shared bathroom and well-equipped kitchen for the three apartments on this floor.
To go to NYC on a daily basis for more than a few days it might be a little far, but for our five-day stay it was perfect and we usually reached Manhattan within 40 minutes.
I spent one month here and all I can say is good. I didn't get to know Judith because she was on a trip but his husband was an amazing guy. He offered himself for everything and made my days there very comfortable. He's pretty smart and a really great person to have around and talk to. Great advices about life by the way! THANKS! The place was cool too as also the roomates. A very familiar and friendly place in a very genuine American way, maybe a bit far from the city, but really awesome if all you need a quiet place to relax from the crazyness of The City.
This is my first time booking on Airbnb. Originally, I don't know what to expect, but surprisingly this was a great experience and adventure.
I stayed with Judith for about 2 months. I had wonderful memories here and made some awesome friends with other housemates. The bedroom was decent and the living room was spacious. I am very happy with the stay and I would definitely return if I come back to Jersey City.
1. Judith and her husband Nansha are delightful hosts. They are really helpful to meet my needs and request (e.g. receivin(website hidden) and packages, storage area for big items). I enjoyed their company a lot.
2. Free Internet and drinking water. Can’t really beat that.
3. Full size kitchen with stove, microwave, oven, freezer, pots, bowls and utensils. You can bake a cake if you want to.
4. 30~40 minutes to Manhattan. I like to take the #10 bus to Journal Square (15mins $1.5) and than take the PATH train (20mins $2.5) to the city. Also, there is a #119 bus that takes you directly to Port Authority ($4.25), but it comes like once per hour and does not operates during weekends and late nights.
5. On site washing machine and drier. Perfect for long stay.
6. 5~10 walk to nearest grocery store. I like to go to Extra Supermarket. Not the cheapest place in the world but has a great selection of products.
7. There is a back yard where you can BBQ or just chill out on a swing during a hot summer.
1. The walls are a little bit thin. If you have a housemate that is very loud and chatty, it could get a bit unpleasant at night.
2. There are 3 rooms on the 2nd floor. When the rooms are fully booked, it could live up to 6 people. The shared area may get a bit crowded and messy.
I stayed at Judith's place for more than 4 months and in one word, my stay was great. I was studying in New Jersey City University as an international student, and for this, the apartment location was perfect : no more than 5 min to reach the university. Moreover, the apartment is conveniently located in terms of public transportation : a bus that takes you to the nearest Path station that goes to NYC is 1 min from the apartment, and the LightRail station that also takes you to 2 different Path stations is 3 min from the apartment. However, I would say that going to NYC on a daily basis can seem quite long because it takes at least 1 bus (or train : LightRail) + 1 train (Path train) to go to NYC, and sometimes you also need to take the subway, so with the waiting times, it can take 1 hour to go downtown NYC with the waiting time and the maintenance/construction that sometimes appear on the lines (but it can also take no more than 20-25 minutes to reach downtown NY). Nevertheless, I only went to NYC about 2 to 3 times a week, so for me, the transportation time was not an issue. Of course, like in every cities, when you want to go out at night, you need to be aware of the last trains to go back home and sometimes the waiting time is 30 minutes. About the apartment itself, it is just like the pictures : light, fully-equipped, well-decorated and spacious ! The bed is large and confortable, you have your own TV, towels and sheets are provided... basically just like staying at the hotel, but more welcoming ! Sharing the bathroom with just one room is almost as if you had your own. The kitchen is fully-equipped (pans, tupperware...) and if you need something special (like a cake platter for instance) you can just ask Judith. About the hosts : they are simply amazing. Judith's husband received me, and he is funny, warn, trustworthy and always helpful : as soon as I arrived, he took care of my big suitcase, when I needed to post a heavy box full of books, he gave me a ride... and Judith is just the same : she often comes to see if everything is okay or just to have a little chat with her guests, she sometimes offer sto take them for a "tourism" ride, she even sometimes cooks (amazingly) for us ! This family is the main reason why the stay is great and why you feel comfortable there. I barely missed my country and family because I was really feeling at like home there. Judith and her husband even invited me and the other guests to the restaurant and to a club in NYC ! In simple words, I consider this family like friends and not just like hosts and if I had to come back, I would definitely choose this place...
This is a nice room with great amenities. I only stayed a few nights, but it seems like a really great option for a longer stay.
I did have two issues:
1) I had originally booked another listing by Judith which was a private studio apartment. She asked if I would be willing to switch listings to allow for someone who needed a ground floor apartment, assuring me that everything for this new listing was the same except for the floor. I was happy to switch as I don't have a problem with stairs. However, it turned out that the place I switched to was a shared 3 bedroom apartment. So the romantic vacation with my partner suddenly had MUCH less privacy than we had hoped for. Luckily, the other people staying in the apartment were very nice and we all got along well This was simply a miscommunication issue, so as long as you know what you are booking, then you'll be fine.
2) the PATH train that takes you back and forth to the city closed at 10:00. I don't think this is all the time and might have been partly due to storm SANDY, but it was very difficult to get back to Jersey City on Saturday night. This issue maybe fixed in the near future After the storm'saftermath is cleared up.
Pros: the hosts gave us a set of keys so that we could come and go at our own convenience, and the apartment was really lovely. The bed was comfy, and the walk to the light rail station super quick and easy.
If I wanted a weekend in manhattan I would stay somewhere with easier access, but if I was doing a long stay or planned to be out mostly during the daytime, then this is a great place!
From the start, Judith took the time to answer all my questions and concerns prior to arriving. Upon arrival, she and her husband were accomodating and even assisted me with directions to and from the city. My expectations with the room and hospitality were met.
Pro: Nice family and accomodations. Didn't have an issue with the home or neighborhood as I would return at all hours of the night/late night.
Con: The only con was I had to leave. Even though my stay was short, I enjoyed the time there.
This was my first airbnb experience. Unfortunately I arrived very late at night due to plane changes so I didn't get there till around 12:30am. Another guest opened the door for me which was fortunate as I was very very nervous standing on the street at that time. There were three rooms for airbnb guests on the floor I was on, and the one next to me had a longer term staying couple who unfortunately were talking and making noise all night til 5am. I met with a friend the next day in NY who insisted I come stay with her which I did. Having said this I think, for the price, Judith's is excellent accommodation for its vicinity to NY city. Two trains get you there in about a half hour.
The room is so clean, location is good, everything is just perfect! Judith & her family made my stay very comfortable, thx!
I've been very well with Judith. Jersey City very quiet and well connected to Manhattan. The apartment and the room very clean, spacious and comfortable. Very well equipped. Judith and her husband, charming, have helped me whenever I asked. I've been great. Totally recommended stay there.
Judith was great. Awesome fast communication, very accommodating. We wanted to come late and then park the car she gave us her driveway parking spot which was awesome. Very convenient location if you want to see the NYC.
Clean room and comfortable bed.
The only thing I and my husband didn’t like was the bathroom. It was shared among 3 rooms which is fine. But it was not very clean when we checked in at 2:30 pm and we thought it might get cleaned in the morning but at 10:30 am when we went to shower it was same if not worse. I would say with $25 cleaning fee I did expect it to be cleaned at least once a day especially when shared with 3 rooms.
Apart from that as I said it was great first time experience with airbnb and Judith was an awesome host.