Inner West Sydney
30mins by train to the Opera House
20mins by train to Central Station
12mins by train to Bankstown
10-15mins by bus to Newtown/ Ashfield
15mins by car to Airport
25mins by bus to Sydney Uni
40mins by train to Olympic Park
***This listing is NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN***
This is a private bedroom in a 4-Bedroom Shared-house (my brother Nick and his girlfriend occupy one of the rooms) located in a residential area with friendly neighbours. Supermarket, Post Office, Canterbury train station, bus stops and a few shops and restaurants are within walking distance. Ideal place to experience as a local and a great location to get to anywhere in Sydney. This house was built in the early 1900s, it isn't perfect due to it's wear and tear over the many years but it's very homey and comfortable. Don't expect to party around here, this area is a quiet and very safe residential area. But don't let that be a let down, there's a bus stop seconds from the house that takes you directly to Newtown in 15mins where you can hang out with all the cool Hipsters, not to mention a 20mins train ride into the City! Campsie shopping centre is only one train stop away. There is also parking available on the street.
This generous size room has a large window and has plenty of storage space with 2-door built-in wardrobe. Not ideal for someone whom are sensitive to noise or light sleepers.
Fully furnished (great condition) consists of...
- A full/ double bed;
- A bedside table;
- A table lamp;
- A desk;
- A chair;
- A desk lamp;
- A fan;
- A heater;
- Extra blanket (for the cooler evenings).
* Towels and bedding provided.
* Complimentary welcome snack box, breakfast, tea/coffee, biscuits, shampoo, conditioner and body wash, folder provided - general information about the area and Sydney.
* Parking available - on street.
* Purified water provided in Brita jug available for everyone.
* Ear plugs, USB port plug, eye mask, shower cap, travel (UK,US,EU) plug adaptor, micro/mini usb cords are available for use free of charge - UPON REQUEST.
- Unlimited WiFi internet ADSL2+;
NB: For fire safety issues, there is no locks on the room door.
I'm looking for easy, outgoing and clean people, it makes it a fun and relaxing place for everyone to come home to :) Please check the calendar for availability and inbox me if you are interested.
Anyone interested please let me know what your purpose of your trip is and tell me a little about yourself, reviews from previous stays are very helpful to me as well. This will be more efficient and faster process upon booking as it will allow me to see if I can accommodate your needs. Please note for any Airbnb first timers, we are NOT a hotel so do not expect hotel services.
As a host, I really try my best for guests to have a positive and memorable experience. In return, I would appreciate your honesty, whilst during your stay if there are any concerns big or small, that it be brought to my attention ASAP so I can try my best to fix them. As much as I aim for a positive review from you, the last thing I want is to read a review and find out that I could’ve done something about it. As a result, I want your review to reflect on your experience, a positive one. I hope I can accomodate you. Thank you for your time.
You will be sharing with others the...
- Main bathroom (hair dryer provided located in the second drawer of the cabinet);
- Large living room (Cinema projector, speakers and board games provided);
- Kitchen (includes stove/oven, fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster, sandwich maker, popcorn maker, blender, coffee plunger and rice cooker);
- Dining area;
- Backyard (with BBQ grill 4 burner, sunbeds and outdoor dining);
- Laundry (Washing machine/dryer, vacuum cleaner, iron/ iron board and laundry detergent/softener provided) + 2nd bathroom. Please note, we allow guests to do the washing maximum 2 times per week. *No photo
Interazione con gli ospiti
I will be available round the clock by Airbnb messenger if you need any assistance. For any emergencies, please contact me via my mobile. I live nearby but my brother Nick lives here will be assisting on my behalf as my co-host. Nick and I will do our very best to accommodate you and ensure you have a memorable experience in Sydney.
Altre cose da evidenziare
*** Please book under your own Airbnb account - will not accept reservations on behalf of others.***
* Lost or damage keys will incur a fee of AU$20.00 to replace.
Aldi Canterbury (350m)
Canterbury Train station (600m)
Metro Petroleum Petrol Station (500m)
IGA Canterbury Plus Liquor (600m)
Amos Cafe (500m)
Chicken shop (350m)
Bon (Japanese) (350m)
Jang Tur Restaurant (Korean) (350m)
Golden Rice (Chinese) (850m)
Domino's Pizza (800m)
Canterbury Hurlstone Park RSL Club (700m)
- Respect others privacy and personal things as well as furniture and items in the house.
- Respect neighbours - keep noise down especially after 10.00pm.
- Keep house/room clean and tidy.
- No bringing parties home or Non- guests staying overnight.
- No pets under any conditions.
- No smoking in the house, but you are welcome to smoke in the backyard as long as you put the butts in the bins.
- Illegal Drugs Prohibited.
- While you are on premises, it is your responsibility for your own health and safety as well as your personal belongings and valuables.
I'm an Australian born who moved back to Sydney after living in New York (in the coolest part of Williamsburg!) for nearly 3 years, studying Theatre Acting at HB Studio. Prior to this, I lived in London for 7 years. I have a Degree in Events management and also Diplomas in Graphic Design & Multimedia; and Fashion & Marketing. Although one day I hope to have my own little cafe, just because I'm obsessed with making coffee and the thought of being a full time barista wouldn't be a bad idea :)
I've travelled alot (but it will never be enough), mostly in Europe, US and Asia. My last adventure was to Russia and I absolutely loved it.
I also enjoy cooking, dancing and of course shopping!! I take great pride in been hospitable and I find it rewarding when my guests appreciate my efforts.
I've being an Airbnb member since 2011, both as a guest and a host. Through Airbnb, I have met many interesting people from all over the world. As a guest, the 3 most important things I look for is a place that's clean, safe and convenient to transportation, and of course something that won't break my bank account. With keeping this in mind, as a host, I also understand that communication is vital to guests as they want to be able to know their needs are met and that organising accommodation should be prompt and simple as travelling/moving is already stressful enough. As a host, I try to provide a comfortable and pleasant experience for my guests to have a positive and memorable time in my hometown. My goal is to provide a “home away from home” feel to my guests.
In return, I would appreciate you taking a few minutes of your time to write a review on your experience staying with me. I enjoy being a host and I'm all ears to any suggestions as there is always room for improvements, so please feel free to message me as I would love to hear them.
Look forward to being your host.