Note: I require my guests to have their accounts verified, please ensure your account is verified before you make a request. Thanks!
- unlimited gas fireplace (winter)
- unlimited portable air conditioner/bedroom ceiling fan (summer)
- Large South & West facing windows that are over 6' tall from the ground; maximum sun exposure in the afternoons from inside or on the landscaped deck
- Washer and Dryer in suite (in bedroom closet!)
- Concrete flooring
- Deep soak bathtub with contemporary fixtures
- Two secure entrances/exits
- Appliances provided: Microwave, oven/stove, fridge, washer and dryer
- Large 4 burner Grill/BBQ with side burner
- Parking not included, but several nearby lots offering parking for an additional monthly fee, as well as street parking
- A perfect 100 on Walkscore com!
- You can't get a better location, you can walk anywhere downtown in less than 10 minutes!
Great location, very clean, and a nice place to sleep after a long night!
Kris' apartment is great if you want to be in the Victoria downtown area! Kris always responded fast and was quick to do things if needed.
Great place to stay in Victoria. Clean, comfy and close to the heart of downtown. Everything went smooth. Thanks!
I stayed with my parents at Kris place and appriciated the short walk to downtown of Victoria. Kris flat is pretty small but very nice furnished and has a little terrasse in front it which is nice for breakfast. Although we didn't meet Kris he was very helpful and did everything to let us feel at home.
He had a book full off Coupons which we could use for sightseeing and restaurants.
So if you want to stay close to everything in Victoria and don't want to stay in an anonymous hotel but in an private home it's great.
great location, Kris made sure everything went smoothly and without any problems!
Let me start of by saying that if I had seen Jonathan's review before arriving, I wouldn't have booked the place.
1) Kris did not respond to direct e-mails weeks and days before. He responded only via Airbnb a day prior.
2) No towels out; had to find them. No bedding to be found.
3) Computer parts and exercise equipment everywhere.
4) Rotting food in fridge.
5) Over all dirtiness; Kris stated he had a cleaner at the place right before we arrived, but minimal cleaning was done.
1) Close to everything needed / wanted.
2) A/C was great for living room.
My boyfriend and I stayed at Kris's apartment which was an easy walk from downtown Victoria during our 3 day weekend stay. While the apartment was an overall nice setup there were a couple of factors that made our stay less than ideal:
1) The temperature in the apartment - the outside temperature was in the 70s for the most part during the weekend we were there but the temperature inside the apartment felt like it was in the 80s/90s, without an apparent source of heat (thermostats not working). Kris was responsive to our concern by day two and mentioned a portable A/C in one of the closets that worked great for the living room but did not help with the temperature in the bedroom even with the overhead fan going full - we had to sleep on top of the sheets. While he addressed the problem rather quickly, we expect that the heat in the apartment was an ongoing issue, and it would have really helped if if we knew about it beforehand. Or, at the very least, it would have been nice to have known about the air conditioner earlier, as we could have spent more time relaxing inside rather than trying to be more comfortable outside.
2) There were no available clean towels when we arrived and we had not been informed to bring any along. We did find some damp laundry in the dryer that had soured. We had to rewash and dry, which further heated up the apartment.
I want to reiterate that the apartment setup was adequate with furnishings, computer, and kitchen facilities. Kris was also very good about communicating details for our stay ahead of time and also being responsive to our questions about the air conditioning as mentioned above.
However, given the balance of comfort/sleep, the experience definitely could have been better for the price that we paid.
Good spot in a fantastic location.
Kris was kind enough to let my girlfriend and I stay at his place and we really liked it. Location was fantastic, and the place was great. It gets a little hot sometimes, so the bedroom fan and the portable AC unit are a nice touch. The little patio was great for meal, and the chalk board full of messages was awesome! Kris was good about getting in touch with me about questions I had. Would definitely consider staying again next time I am in Victoria. A home always beats a hotel!
Kris has been nice to offer his place during my move to Victoria. The place is 2 minutes away from downtown and a quick walk to a great market on the next street over. It's been really helpful staying at a place that has all the amenities and a nice kitchen. One thing i would say is that it lacks air flow, so it can get a bit hot inside.