Villa Benedetta is an elegant, charming Historic residence located within walking distance from the heart of the magnificent village of Greve in Chianti. Featuring a private swimming pool, a beautiful park and 10,000 sf of living space it is the perfect estate for your dream Italian vacation in Tuscany!
Villa Benedetta is a beautiful historic residence that has been for many years the beating heart of the Folonari family, a renowned name in the Italian wine panorama. Dating back to the early 1800, the villa is located at the center of the family’s agricultural holding that is currently producing excellent internationally known wines.
After a long and thorough renovation of the villa in 2014, the owners have decided to convert it into a vacation home considering its overall wonderful characteristics, elegance and charm. The spectacular typical Tuscan surroundings are perfect for excursions either on foot, on a bike or for horseback riding.
The park of the villa is immaculately kept and features furnished shade areas dedicated to just relaxing while enjoying the view on the stunning Tuscan landscape or al fresco dining (there is a new barbecue and a covered gazebo that sits up to 18 people).
The private swimming pool (size 40 x 16 feet) comes with a changing area, full bathroom with shower and a dedicated wi-fi internet connection.
Location: the villa is located in Greve in Chianti, which is considered the “entrance gate” into the Chianti region. The beautiful main square of Greve, Piazza Matteotti, is the focal point of the town and can be easily reached from the villa on foot (about 10 minutes walk), by bike, or by car (3-4 minutes drive).
At the Piazza Matteotti there is several excellent restaurants such as the Osteria Mangiando Mangiando, the Bottega del Moro or the Osteria del Chianti Classico as well as many other typical grocery stores, Artisan shops and the famous Antica Macelleria Falorni (a Tuscan butcher that has been in the same spot since 1729). Nearby the square there is also a furnished supermarket.
Walking distance from the villa there is a bus stop where it is possible to take several buses to Florence or other nearby locations such as San Gimignano or Siena.
Description of the interiors: The villa features 9 large charming bedrooms (all with the characteristic high ceilings) and 8 bathrooms in total.
- Large kitchen with table seating up to 8, oven, gas stove, American style fridge, kettle, toaster, ice machine, Italian coffee machine (moka) and American coffee machine (drip)
- Dining room seating up to 18 ppl
- TV room with 54” TV
- Large Living room overlooking the valley and directly connected to the outdoors gazebo and lounge area
- Office room with 54” TV
- 2 master bedrooms with king size beds and 2 bathrooms
- 1 guest bathroom (half)
- Large living room
- 1 master bedroom with king size bed and bathroom
- 2 double bedrooms with king size beds and a shared bathroom
- 2 double bedrooms with 2 twin beds each and one private bathroom each
- 1 double bedroom with 2 twin beds
- 1 double bedroom with king size bed and shared bathroom
- Laundry room with washer and dryer
The 3 twin bedrooms on the first floor (that come with 2 twin beds each) can all be made up as kings upon request.
Guests are always welcome to visit the cellars and taste the wine produced within the wineries and agricultural holdings of the Folonari family.