Joe Gebbia, Airbnb Co-founder visited Seoul on Jan 2013 and stayed at my home. (http://travel.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2013/02/01/2013020101978.html)
Korean traditional house in Hanok conservation area.
This Luxury Hanok had been built in 1934 and Newly renovated in 2012.
You can rent entire my house without interference from any other people.
( I am not staying with guests.)
Airbnb Co-founder, Joe Gebbia visited Seoul on Jan 2013 and stayed at my home.
Outside doors are triple doors(glass, traditional paper Hanji and silk fabric).
Indoor rooms include bathroom have floor heating system. Temperature control is available.
- 5 mins from the Gyeongbokgung Royal Palace.
- 5 mins from the Korean Presidential Residence, Chong Wa Dae.
- 0.7 km from Gyeongbokgung subway station(10 mins by walk).
- 3.0 km from Myoung dong : 15 mins by taxi or 25 mins by bus(7 bus stops)
- 4.9 km from Dongdaemun market : 20 mins by taxi or 25 mins by bus (8 bus stops)
- Fully furnished with separate living, dining, kitchen, bathroom & bedroom areas.
- 2 bed rooms, 1 living/bed room, 1 dining room, kitchen, 2 bathrooms(no bathtub, hot/cold water, shower), small court yard.
4 single size futon Sets or 4 single size airbeds.(You can choose futons or airbeds), Iron & iron board.
* My house fits for 4 adults comfortably.
- Living room
High speed WIFI internet, 27-inch Led TV , IPTV service with 100 real-time channels(CNN, BBC, FOX, Bloomberg, etc) and VOD services, Philips bluetooth speaker with ipod.
Pocket WIFI modem: I provide pocket(mobile) WIFI modem to guests for free. You can connects up to 7 wireless devices outside.
Built-in refrigerator, built-in washing machine, built-in electric range, Samsung smart oven(grill+microwave+baking oven), wireless kettle, dinnerware set, wine glasses, dessert dishes, pots, knifes, scissors.
- Dining room : extension table and chairs.
- bath room: 4 bath towels, 8 face towels, soap, shampoo, 2 hair dryer(no comb).
- Courtyard : folding table and chairs, Korean slippers.
- My house is nearby Blue house, Presidential Residence.
- Placed under heavy police guards (most safe area in Seoul)
- safe and quiet neighbors
- Video Door Phone Intercom System
- Digital Door Lock Key
* Stores within a 3-mins by walk and business hours
- Paris Baguette Bakery : 6:00 am ~ 12:00 pm
- 7 Eleven : 24 hours a day
- Well-being mart: super market store (8:00 am ~ 10:00 pm)
- Ca'del lupo : famous Han-Ok Italian Restaurant
- Duomo : famous casual Italian Restaurant
- Tong-In market : Famous traditional market
- Public : famous Beer Bar & cafe
* Travel & Shoping
- Insa dong : 20 mins by walk and 10 mins by taxi.
- Samchung dong : 15 mins by walk.
- Tongin traditional market: 3mins by walk
- Sejong Center: 15 mins by walk
- Department stores: 10 mins by taxi
* Reservation of call-van taxi with picket pickup : available
* Early check-in & late check-out: half day rate
* The additional charge will be added who over 2 years old or needs extra bedding.
Please take off your shoes in the room.
Smoking in now allowed not only rooms but only small garden.
Please be quiet for neighbors.
May need to take picture of your passport and valid visa.
Great place! Great experience!
To communication with Genie was very good all the way from the beginning. The place is like it is on the pictures. Genie is a experienced host, the information and housemanuel is very well prepared and she answer questions asap. The area is safe and calm. Short walk to the metro or to Insadong or Gyeongbokgung. This is my third time in Seoul and it was great to experience a daily life in an Hanok and futon bed :) Thank you, Genie for hosting us!
Genie met us on arrival, she was extremely helpful long before we arrive! Great directions and a dedicated taxi driver. The hanok is beautiful, like living inside a paper lantern, but with warm underfloor heating!
It was very clean and perfectly located with excellent transport links and a lovely local market, not far from the Blue House, the presidential palace.
amazing house and very good location.we spent great time here.genie is very kind andhelpful.highly recommend.
Our experience was absolutely perfect, Genie was the perfect host and her beautiful home was one that we will never forget. All of our questions were answered in a well prepared guide, from transportation options to and from her home to working the various appliances. One of the highlights were the heated floors during winter. It is so comfortable and inviting returning back home! My brother and his girlfriend also travelled with us and it was very spacious for the four us with two bathrooms that included showers.
Location was a nicely situated and easily accessed in a beautiful part of town. Fantastic restaurants and eateries were just a quick stroll down the block towards the subway station. Also a walkable distance from samcheongdong, where we found great places to eat and unique local shops.
On our departure, Genie even went out of her way searching for a taxi that would take us to Myeongdong on short notice. All in all, 10/10, my wife has already asked me three times when we can stay in Genie's home again. My answer is: "hopefully soon!"
we are 3 girls living in Genie's Hankok，it was our first time coming to Seoul, We were very excited we can stay in a transitional Hankok which we only watched in Korean drama. The experience was very good, Genie's house is very clean and really good location which let us to experience as a normal Korean, market , lots of very nice cafes, restaurants, cute fashion shops all in a walking distance, and especially near the Blue House. We also experienced the cooking class near the Blue House which Genie mentioned in her guide book. We were very enjoyed! Thank you, Genie.
We had the great opportunity of staying in Genie's wonderful Hanok from 19-26 Dec 2014 and it was indeed a very memorable experience. Genie was wonderful in making sure everything was in good order , the description and information of the hanok she provided was totally accurate and useful. It is about 10mins walk (max) to the train station and along the way , many eateries and amenities available. It is indeed a very convenient and good location.
Genie has been very helpful. She was at the Hanok awaiting for us to arrive so as to introduce things around the house to us. Even before the scheduled trip, Genie was very helpful in getting information regarding transportations and attractions for me.
Our Seoul trip wouldn't be complete without experiencing the wonderful hospitality she provides and the warmth of her beautiful Hanok. Thank you Genie :)
Hi, I'm Genie in South Korea. I'm a part-time professor at University. I work for non-profit newsroom, too. My family, me, husband and lovely daughter like to travel around the world. We traveled Japan, Canada, New zealand, Australia, China, Hong Kong, Italy, France, Switzerland, Finland, Sweden and Norway.