Su questo annuncio
If you are looking for a quiet, comfortable and affordable room with easy access to public transport, this is a perfect room for you. LONG-TERM GUESTS ARE WELCOME (few months or more? No problem!)
The room is perfect for someone who is gone during the day to work and school and wants a comfortable, quiet place to come home to at night. It is very cozy and comfortable and guests in the past love staying in this colorful room!
The room is located on the 2nd floor of a house and just a few minutes away from public transportation with easy access to the city and major universities.
The room has everything you need, clean bed sheets and clean towel, always upon arrival. The bathrooms are always clean, the house is always clean and comfortable. Most guests stay long-term (one month of more, a semester or two semesters), so this is a perfect place if you want to stay longer.
I prefer people who don't cook (much).
Small lovely chihuahua dog lives here - he is the master of the house, so you should be a dog lover. :D
You will have access to the bathrooms, the kitchen, the dining room, and high-speed WIFI internet. Sorry, but the living room is off limits to guests for personal reasons.
There are 2 other airbnb guests, but I carefully select them, so that we are all similar in age, and interest. Everyone is: respectful, quiet, clean, busy with work/study, minds their own business, goes home and spends time in their room, don't hang around the dining room besides when eating. On the weekends, sometimes we can all go out.
I personally will be available to answer any questions you have and give you guidance, anytime (either in person or by phone). And if you're not busy and are up to a cup of tea and chit-chat, we can do that!
Allston is a neighborhood of younger population (ages 18 through 32). Most people who live here go to BU, Harvard, MIT, BC, or are young professionals, interns. There are also some young families living in this area. As a result, there are many things to do in Allston - you can find restaurants with cuisines from all over the world, bars, shops, convenient stores, pizza shops open until 2AM, and more. You can go to see a music concert, or go to the gym, because everything is nearby.
The room is located in a house on a quiet green street. The street is an off street from the main "Brighton Avenue", which features restaurants with all world cuisines, convenient stores, shops, and more.
Next to the house, there is a big green park - you can run, jog, walk, get some fresh air, or play sports as there is a tennis and basketball courts as well.
The house is 100meters away from bus 66 (takes you directly to Harvard in 15 minutes) and steps away from bus 57 (takes you directly to BU campus in 10 minutes). Metro station is only 5 minutes away.
The metro station is 5 minutes by walk, the station is called "Allston Street" on the B Line of Green Metro - you can get to downtown Boston in 25 minutes directly.
The rent includes all utilities. YES THERE IS WI-FI included.
You bring your own toiletries (shampoo, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, etc.), buy your own laundry detergent, toilet paper, and whatever you need for your personal use.
The room is disinfected, cleaned completely, and comes with clean bedsheets and a clean towel upon check-in, always.
1. No guests/no overnight guests. (However, if you stay long-term and have a girlfriend/boyfriend come visit for short-term, we can arrange).
2. Please do not abuse the utilities - make sure you always turn off the lights in your room, or other rooms when you are not there. And please take quick showers.
3. Clean up after yourself (dishes, trash, etc.) Disinfect all surfaces, stovetop, dining table, and around the sink after each use.
4. Please, no smoking in the house and no walking with shoes on in the house (take off your shoes in the hallway). - Bring some slippers.
5. Laundromat is 2 minutes walk down the street and I believe it is $5 per load wash and dry. I have my own washer and dryer, for your convenience you can use mine every 2 weeks.
6. Please no alcoholics and no drinking in the common areas. You can have a beer/glass of wine on your own if you so wish but drink it in your own room.
If you stay longer than 1 month, you are expected to contribute to house cleaning (but don't worry, we are always clean, so it is a breeze to do a cleaning!)
Tia was a perfect host, very warm, responsive and helpful. I stayed for a week both in the large room and in the small room. Both rooms are clean and cozy. The place is quiet, with a lively puppet, and it is conveniently located. I could not have expected more from it, and the price is very reasonable. If you want to explore Boston, make friends, and especially if you are on budget, this would be a perfect choice.
Tia's place is just a stone throw from BU, a very lively place with lots of young people. Lots of good, amenities, public transport to downtown Boston and Cambridge all within 5-10 mins walk. Tia is really a very hospitable host... She made sure I felt at home and safely reach my next destination. We even went for dinner on my last night. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a stay in Boston!
My girlfriend and I visited Boston this past weekend and decided to give AirBnB a shot for the first time. We couldn't of asked for more than what our host Tia provided. She was always checking up on us making sure we had everything we needed. She made our first experience extremely comfortable and smooth. Tia went above and beyond in every way possible and I would highly recommend her to anyone wanting to stay in the Brighton/Allston area. Apartment is conveniently located next to the T only a few blocks away, getting in and out of the city was a breeze. I visit the Boston area on a yearly basis and will definitely be inquiring on staying with Tia again. Thanks again for everything T!!
I stayed for 5days. Very close to the central, near from the bus stop (64, 66, 86) and Green B line station (Packard corner). Also the room was very large, well-furnished and maintained so well. But I found it comfortable because Tia, the host, was very kind and with full of hospitality. I highly recommend for those who are visiting Boston both for business and for sightseeing.
My son´s experience wasn´t what we were expecting. When we were searching for accommodation, what we liked about this place was that they said things like: "it feels like home" and that everyone was respectful and friendly but the truth is that during six months that he lived there, the only moment that they shared was on his birthday, the rest of the time he was very lonely because they nearly spoke to him to say hello. Sometimes, during the nights it was hard to rest because the family members had fights and the screams were heard all over the house.
The room was nice and neat like in the photos but the kitchen, the bathroom and the laundry area were dirty.
Overall if you are searching for a place the feels like home this isn´t the right place to go.
Hello Vicky, as I have written to you privately via SMS (and as you have agreed), you have made a mistake by letting the study abroad agent in your home country book AIRBNB instead of a HOME-STAY for your 18-year old son Martin, who was leaving home for the 1st time in his life. Your agent requested if my place is near Harvard Square and if there is a fridge for Martin to store his food, which were the only requirements, which I have met.
1) My place does feel like home (as you can see from other reviews!) and everyone who has stayed here felt very welcome and "home" with me. Your son does not speak much English and we (me and the other roommates) always spoke with him as much as we could, we invited him to watch movies with us in our room, to play cards and/or to go to dinner on many occasions but the fact that Martin does not speak much English and is shy by nature, he always refused and stayed in his room. But he did talk to us a few times a week whenever we met in common areas to practice his English - just not for long because he is very shy and usually had some other things to do such as "skyping" with his friends from home or playing piano. On Martin's birthday, I took everyone from this apartment to Cheesecake Factory and paid for his birthday dinner as well as arranged a birthday singing with a surprise birthday cake for him. You should be very happy that I am such a nice host, not complain that "this was the only time she took him out".
2) On the airbnb contract with me as well as the description of the room, it does say that guests who stay longer than 1month are expected to help clean the common areas (kitchen, bathroom, hallway, living room). Martin never helped with any of the cleaning and I never held it against him because I understand that it is his 1st time away from home and that he is still a child. But since you are complaining, I have to mention this. In fact, he left coffee fallouts or cereal fallouts on the kitchen floor, the counters, and kitchen table almost every morning without cleaning it up, and he frequently left dirty dishes in the sink, which I had to clean. Nonetheless, I cleaned common areas without his help very frequently. During the dates you came to visit him to fly home with him (june 21-29), nobody was staying in this apartment. As I left for a vacation on June 11, I had a super cleaning done (I hired 2 male helpers) for the ENTIRE apartment, leaving the place absolutely clean before I left. The other roommate left on June 15. That means Martin was the only one in this apartment from June 15 until you both left on June 29. Whatever "dirt" you saw was caused by none else but Martin. In fact, when I came back from my vacation, the toilet was clogged and there was A LOT of EXPIRED food you both left behind in the fridge (your milk, dairy products, hams, fruits), which again, I had to clean up. You should not complain about the laundry area since that is located in the unfinished basement shared with the neighbors - and it is not even considered a part of my listing (it is just a convenience for guests to be able to do laundry in this building instead of going to a laundromats down the street, though the basement is not dirty - it is just an unfinished basement, that's all).
3) There was never "loud screams" all over the house. If Martin ever heard any "fights", he might have mistaken loud voices for "fights" since not everyone has a calm voice to speak. And since Martin is quiet as a mouse and always in his room - he can hear every sound in the entire apartment. But everyone in the apartment was always totally quiet by 11PM and Martin's bedtime was 12:30AM. I am not sure how this comment of yours is relevant.
As you can see, when you booked a stay for your 18 year old son who was leaving your home country for the very first time, you should have made it clear to the study abroad agent that you need a HOME-STAY (usually located in suburbs by the way, where there is an actual family - parents with children, who would have the legal responsibility of taking care of your son as their own child, to do laundry for him, cook for him, clean after him, take him out on weekends, and make sure what he is doing everyday). This is AIRBNB, maybe you should read the description of the purpose of AIRBNB. And even though I am just a host, I always go above and beyond to make sure my guests feel home - you can ask any other guest and they will agree with you since I end up being friends and keep in touch with many of (website hidden)/ You asked me if you could stay with Martin in his room during your time in Boston and how much money you would need to pay me extra, and I offered you to stay for free. I was also in touch with you frequently via SMS the entire 6 months that Martin was here because I know mothers are worried about their children away from home. You gave me no credit for anything, except that "the room was nice and neat". I really did not expect this negative review from you.
HAVING PEOPLE LIKE YOU POST A REVIEW FOR HOSTS LIKE ME IS VERY BAD BECAUSE YOU HAVE MISTAKEN AN AIRBNB EXPERIENCE FOR A HOME-STAY EXPERIENCE AND BASED YOUR REVIEW ON THAT. IN YOUR MIND YOU WANTED A HOME-STAY FOR YOUR SON BUT YOUR AGENT BOOKED AIRBNB, WHICH IS SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT. Therefore, your review is totally irrelevant (and you have agreed that you mistaken airbnb for a home-stay via private SMS with me) but since other guests might be confused, I had to post my very long reply.
Questo host ha 31 recensioni per altri annunci.Vedi Altre Recensioni
A proposito dell'host, Tia
Hi! I am fun and outgoing, take things easy and very helpful. If you need anything, just ask. :)
5 things I cannot live without:
+ My perfume (Everything I own must smell nice)
+ My cell phone (I communicate a lot!)
+ A cup of tea with honey (I drink at least 3 cups of tea per day)
+ A good movie (love Steven Spielberg movies)
I am a clean and responsible person. My style of hosting is giving you lots of privacy and also embracing you as a friend, so please feel free to talk about life and whatever you want with me. I also like to go out with my guests (I have gone out to eat and shop with many of the guests, and we have formed friendships). Of course you don't have to go out with me, I respect your privacy. :)
As a traveler, I will treat your home like it is my own.
My life motto: Be young & have fun!