Renovated, spacious and bright 1 BR apartment on the third (top) floor of an elegant 1920s building in Elmwood. A few minutes' walk from restaurants, specialty food stores, & coffee houses. Rockridge BART is a 15 min walk. Leave your car behind!
This 1 bedroom apartment is on the third and top floor of a classic 1920’s Berkeley building, with intriguing architectural detail inside and out. It’s 12 blocks from the UC Berkeley campus (about 27 minutes walk).
It's about 13 minutes' walk to the Rockridge BART station (Bay Area Rapid Transit) or there is a bus every 10-12 minutes. Alta Bates Hospital is a 10 minute walk away (0.5 mile). If you are driving, there is easy and close freeway access at Claremont Avenue.
Many coffee houses, great restaurants, specialty food stores and boutiques are all within easy walking distance in either direction. Whole Foods is a half mile away at Ashby and Telegraph Avenues.
Eclectically furnished and decorated, the apartment is large (780 sq ft, or 73 sq meters). It's at the rear of the building, away from street sounds, and there is a lot of light. It features a fully equipped kitchen with granite counters, a separate breakfast nook, a large comfortable living/dining room, bathroom with tub and shower, bedroom with king-size chest bed (with storage drawers underneath), a hallway, and a back porch accessed via the rear stairs. Lots of closet and cupboard space. The floors are refinished original hardwood throughout except in the kitchen and bathroom, which feature designer tile floors. A semi-private coin-op washer and dryer is located on the back porch. It’s ideal for a couple, although it will accommodate up to 4 people (there is a sofa-bed in the living room).
Our delightful managers Binyam and Bruk (originally from Ethiopia) live nearby. One of them will welcome you when you arrive and will be available during your stay by phone or e-mail to answer any questions. Otherwise, you will have the place to yourself; we respect your privacy, and you won’t be disturbed.
Our rates are all-inclusive. We pay the Berkeley business license tax, but it is not charged to you.
The fine print:
• Minimum stay 14 days.
• No smoking anywhere in the building! A Berkeley City ordinance prohibits it in the living spaces and common areas of multi-unit apartment buildings.
• This is a quiet residential apartment building, and we aim to keep it that way. Please respect your neighbors – no parties or loud noise! Quiet time is 10:00 pm to 7:30 a.m.
• Please remove your outdoor shoes inside the apartment (or wear soft soled shoes or slippers), and tread softly on the hardwood floors. Your downstairs neighbors will appreciate it.
• Sorry, no pets.
• For residential purposes only (home office OK).
The fine print:
• Minimum stay 14 days. This is a City of Berkeley requirement.
• Our rates are all-inclusive. We pay the Berkeley business license tax and rent registration fees, but those are not charged to you.
• Check-in 3:00 pm or later; check-out by 11:00 a.m. Any changes to these times need to be arranged in advance.
• Please let us know your approximate arrival time. If you are likely to arrive after 10:00 pm, we will provide self check-in instructions.
• Absolutely NO smoking anywhere in the apartment, on the deck or elsewhere on the property! A Berkeley City ordinance prohibits it in apartments and common areas of multi-unit dwellings.
•Please, no parties or loud noise – this is a quiet residential neighborhood, and we want to keep it that way.
• The apartment has original hardwood floors. Please remove your shoes or wear soft shoes or slippers inside the apartment. The residents of the apartment below will appreciate it.
• Sorry, no pets.
• Treat the apartment with care - as you would for your own home.
Questo host ha 270 recensioni per altri annunci.Vedi altre recensioni
Born in England, now living in California for many years. Two (!!) graduate degrees from UC Berkeley. Frequent travel – tired of chain hotels. I have been an Airbnb guest in the US and several other countries and have appreciated the experience of staying in a real home, a place with warmth and character, in an interesting walkable neighborhood. That’s what my co-host (my husband Jack) and I offer you, too, in Berkeley – a vibrant town with an internationally renowned university, distinctive architecture, innovative restaurants, serious coffee houses, bookstores, parks, museums, theater, a lively music scene – and conveniently close to San Francisco.