I am conflicted about writing this review. I always try to be positive and helpful with my reviews, as I would hope that others would do the same for the rest of us. So, it is with great reluctance that I share the experience that we’ve had with this house.
First, on a positive note, Julia was initially great to work with – she was very responsive to my questions during the time we were considering renting her house. And, her mother, also named Julia, who met us at the house when we arrived, was also very nice. However, when I asked Julia (the home owner) about getting the services of a cleaning person during our month’s stay, she said that I should arrange that with her mom. But, Julia (her mom) said she didn’t have anyone to recommend.
On another positive note, the house is in a fairly good neighborhood, close to the Gran Plaza Mall and fairly close to the Glorieta Chapalita, which is an area where you will find lots of good restaurants, shops and services.
I’m afraid that after that, my review must go downhill. The house itself has been poorly maintained and is, in a word, filthy. It appears that other than perhaps wiping off the surfaces, this house has not been cleaned for years. The dirt build up was beyond belief! The first thing we had to do to even feel comfortable was to clean the bathrooms and kitchen ourselves, and then we had to try to ignore how dirty everything was.
Two of the three light bulbs in the master bathroom were burned out, as was one of the two light bulbs in the kitchen. We had to buy new light bulbs to replace these. The garbage disposal in the kitchen does not work, the coffee maker stopped working the 3rd day we were there, the TV did not work (and was stored in a closet), the little back yard’s grass looked like it had never been mowed, the washing machine was ancient and the door was broken off its hinges (though it still works). I can’t even describe how dirty the little drawer where you pour the laundry detergent into was, and the lint trap in the dryer was at least ½” thick! That is a fire hazard waiting to happen!
The kitchen is very poorly stocked with just a few mismatched eating utensils and very little in the way of anything needed if you plan to cook. They towels are all mismatched, frayed, stained and definitely not inviting.
A train passes by frequently with a very loud and long whistle, even after midnight!
I emailed photos of the filth to Julia a few days after we arrived, but she never responded. At the end of the month when she wrote about our checkout and I asked about the message and photos I had sent, she said she never received them. Renter Beware!!