3 camere da letto
Su questo annuncio
We have a cozy, beautiful home in a quiet cul de sac in Mar Vista, 15 min from the beach, bars and hipsters of Venice, as well as Santa Monica & Culver City. 3 BD, solar, wood fireplace, barbeque, off-street parking, huge kitchen. We recently renovated - painted the kitchen cabinets, opened up the lounge and re-did the den into a master suite, and need to update the pictures (hard with a wriggly baby, but will do soon!). The space is even more open and light than in the current pictures.
This is the first home we've owned together, so we've created a really beautiful, green-friendly (with solar panels and soon a grey water system), cozy home where we spend a lot of time reading in front of the fire, pottering around in the backyard with our baby and dog, and generally just being in love and happy.
We live here, so we have many of our personal items around the house. We think it makes the space cozy and beautiful, but if you're looking for an own-to-rent, hotel-like space, then this is not the house for you. One of the things we love about AirBnB is getting to stay in amazing, cozy homes where locals live most of the time. So pull a book or two off the bookshelf, settle down for a game of chess, and gather around the fire pit outside. We want you to feel like you're coming to stay with friends.
We have everything that you need to make your stay in LA comfortable:
- Wood fireplace
- Big beautiful dining room table, made from reclaimed wood, that seats 10
- 3 bedrooms - the master bedroom has a California King (Tempurpedic memory foam mattress), the second bedroom also has a California King bed (Serta memory foam) - both of these mattresses are soft and comfortable, but have incredible in-built support for people with back/ joint issues (the reason we bought them is for my own back issues, which have almost completely cleared up since I started sleeping on the Tempur-pedic). In the small third bedroom, we can set up a double height, very comfortable queen blow-up mattress. There is also a crib in this room.
- We also have a really, really big leather couch that can very comfortably sleep one
- Super fast wifi
- Big TV in the lounge connected to Mac Mini Computer (so no cable, but you can buy whatever TV shows/ movies you like using your iTunes account or watch anything online)
- Sonos wireless speakers that you can use your iPhone to connect to and play your favourite tunes from your own library, or Spotify/ Pandora/ local radio stations
- Beautiful big kitchen with a big gas stove, dishwasher, microwave, electric kettle, Vitamix blender, washer/ dryer
- Very cozy backyard that you can relax in with a big gas barbeque, a firepit and beautiful fairy lights. Please note that with the drought we've been trying to save water, so the grass is a little patchy. We think the trade-off is worth it :)
- Off-street parking for 1 car, with free/ very easy street parking in the cul de sac
- Two small bathrooms - one with a bath/ shower, and one with a shower
- Full air conditioning + heating system (which we very, very rarely use in the mild weather in LA, but its there if you need it!). Please remember to close all windows and doors if you turn this on (and turn it off when you go out).
- We recently had a badass, super delicious baby - Alice! So the house is relatively baby-proofed for those with little ones :)
Interazione con gli ospiti
We are usually traveling when we have people staying in our house (we're all travel maniacs, especially baby Alice, who has three passports!). So while we love interacting with guests, we often don't meet them in person. We're always available by phone or email. If we're in a different time zone, we have a friend 10 min away who you can contact if you need help in the middle of the night for us.
Altre cose da evidenziare
We have a beautiful Labradoodle, Rumi, who will come with us when guests come to stay (although you may get to meet him - if you're lucky - when we hand over the keys). We got Rumi because of really bad allergies in the family - he is completely non-shedding, and smells delicious, so you should not notice at all that we have a dog in the family (besides the fact that he likes to leap around on the grass in the back, and the lawn is showing a bit of wear and tear :)
We live in a quiet street, with really lovely neighbours (who will always help out if you're in a pickle), so if you're into super loud music and rocking house parties then good for you (really!), but this is not the right house for you.
We have full air conditioning and heating but please close all the windows and doors if you turn it on, and turn it off if you go out. If you leave windows open it will expend a huge amount of energy trying to regulate the temperature, so not only is it a terrible waste of energy, but we will have a massive electricity bill.
We don't allow pets - we have allergies (which is why we got our non-shedding, non-smelly Labradoodle) so we can't have other animals in the house unfortunately.
If you want to smoke, then do so in the backyard. No smoking in the house.
Our family is very passionate about the environment - we have recycling (blue bin) and compost (green bin) - there are separate bins inside as well to make it easy to separate out the recycling from trash (paper, tins, glass - just throw them all in together), with a big bowl next to the sink for anything compostable. Please do your bit to help save the planet!
Cancella la prenotazione fino a 7 giorni prima del viaggio per ottenere un rimborso del 50%. Puoi cancellare la prenotazione anche entro 7 giorni dal tuo arrivo, ma non riceverai alcun rimborso.
Questo host ha 17 recensioni per altri annunci.Vedi altre recensioni
We moved down to LA from San Francisco a couple of years ago and really love this city. I grew up in South Africa, David in San Diego. I work for a consulting firm, and my husband works for a healthcare provider. We love good food, wine and hanging out with friends in our beautiful home. We have a Labradoodle called Rumi, who is the sweetest, most fun dog in the world.