- Detached former artist's studio house built in 1968
- Completely refurbished in 2011
- Very private: set in its own grounds behind a row of period buildings
- Easily accessible up a short flight of steps from the street
- Utterly quiet and peaceful on account of its secluded position, shielded from the street traffic by the main building
- There is a private garden of around 250 m2 for you to enjoy, mainly laid to lawn
- Comfortable size: 72 m2 on one level + a 22 m2 gallery with limited headroom
- Airy, with high ceilings to the living room (4.2 metres) and kitchen (3 metres)
- 2 bedrooms, separate kitchen with French windows onto small terrace and garden
- Separate bathroom and toilet
- Simple, neutral interior decoration with good quality materials
- Beautiful flooring - oak and slate
- Spacious kitchen with quality appliances, bespoke oak worktop and breakfast corner
We will meet you to hand over the keys and check the state of the premises upon arrival and upon departure. For stays of more than a week, we will clean the house every week.
- Austria's second city
- One of the best preserved historic city centres in Central Europe, a World Heritage Site
- Easily accessible on foot or by bicycle (1 bicycle available in the cellar, tyres may need pumping)
- Vibrant café and student scenes
- Renowned in Austria for its food and farmers' markets
- 2.5 hours from Vienna by train
Bus 63 to the railway station: 30 yards from the front door. Trams 1 & 7 to the railway station and LKH hospital just 100 yards from the front door. The centre of Graz is easily accessible by bicycle or on foot
- Very peaceful
- In the midst of the gardens of a vast inner city block in the centre of Graz
- 10-15 minutes' walk to the Opera, the city's main park, and the main square
- Ideally situated a few minutes' walk from the city's three universities
- Farmers' market and several supermarkets within easy reach on foot
The house, the garden, the cellar (on request - there is a code), the city...
We will meet you when you arrive, answer your questions, and be on call to sort out any issues you may have.
It's a nice area, with solid, period architecture, and green spaces, and every amenity imaginable (except for a beach), near the historic centre, the universities, the opera, the market, the swimming pools (one of which is literally round the corner), the shops, the supermarkets, a bank, bars...On the one hand it is an upmarket area, and on the other, it is full of students. It is safe, laid back, accessible on foot or by bicycle. It is a very nice place to be.
Bus 63 to the railway station / swimming pool stops 30 metres from the front door of the building. A little further (50-100 metres) you will find trams 1 & 7 to the city centre, railway station, main hospital... But you can walk to town almost as quickly as going by tram.
- Particularly convenient for people who need quick and easy access to LKH. It's a 15 minute walk or 5 minute tram ride away.
- Please note: the garden has changed! The old shed and the swing have been removed. They have been replaced by a terrace and pergola, with more changes on the way to make the garden more fun!
Sistemazione per la notte
Regole della casa
PLEASE COULD YOU FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES WHILE STAYING AT THE SECRET COTTAGE
For our mutual convenience and peace of mind: