Su questo annuncio
Hello and Welcome :)
This is a super cosy, central apartment, give us a message if you need help with the booking and if it is not available for your dates we may have another option for you...The calendar is normally up to date every day!
Although our check in is listed from 14:00 you may leave luggage and pick up keys in our apartment beside it from 11:30 am onward.
Calendar is up to date and you may book if the apartment if it is listed as available.
There is also clean towels, sheets and a fan (Barcelona is hot during
(toilet paper, soap, towels, tea, coffee and cereal in the kitchen)
About the apartment
We are just in the process of updating it so the photos are not uploaded yet. There will be a private entrance and private bathroom, sitting room and small kitchen unit with double bed and two single beds and Wi Fi.
The room has 3 big window shutters and is very well lit, it has double glazing for the noise but some noise still gets through, so if you are a light sleeper bring ear plugs!
About the price:
There is a 15 euro charge per extra guest.
There is no charge for children under 3
About the location:
The apartment is located in the centre of Barcelona in the 1st District “ La Ciutat Vella", it is in the heart of the Gothic quarter next to "Plaza Reial" with lanterns by Gaudi and a step away from The Famous pedestrian boulevard " The Ramblas" (The main street in Barcelona) with Gaudi's building "Palau Guell" 1 Min away. We are situated close to most of the well-known tourist attractions. The apartment is on "Escudellers street" famous for having its old restaurants and Catalan Tapas bars. There is also ‘'Plaza St. George Orwell' (locally known as “Plaza Tripi"), all around the corner. The nearby streets contain many of the city's most emblematic buildings.
The narrow, winding streets create quite a labyrinth meaning it can take a while to get one's bearings! I recommend that you should always look up and around in case of missing some of the nicest sites. The Gothic quarter has plenty of peaceful squares (plazas) where you can relax and enjoy your surroundings. If we are around during your stay I will gladly take you on a tour of the neighbourhood so you can find your feet here!
Transport is easily accessible in this part of town (metro, taxi, bus). However this quarter is relatively small and most of the city's attractions are a walk away distance. Our housekeeper also offers transport if you need it.
Getting to the apartment couldn't be easier with the shuttle bus leaving the airport regularly to “Plaza Cataluña". The apartment is roughly 12 minutes walk from Plaza Cataluña down the Ramblas. Or alternatively one stop on the metro to “Liceu" L3 (green line) leaving you a minute away. There is also a taxi stand 30 meters down the street plus 24h underground parking.
The other great thing is we can put you in touch with our friends who do great value transport to and from the airport whatever time you need – their prices range from 25 – 35 euro depending on the time of day/night and that price includes up to 4 people + 4 bags. REALLY GOOD VALUE!
Flow has lived here for many years, his Grandmother being Catalan. Flow and I met here in Barcelona years ago when we studied theatre and happily decided to continue on our Barcelona adventure. Florian speaks Spanish, French and English
For any further information please contact us - we will be willing to help in any way possible!
Flow and Anuk:)
Guests have access to their own bathroom, kitchen and balcony. There is a large and very comfortable Japanese futon bed and we provide all bedding, blankets, towels etc. The apartment is private. There are an optional 2 single beds, a dining table, sofa, Wi Fi and basic food supplies in the apartment. You will be given your own keys upon arrival and if an extra set is needed most likely we can arrange that too.
Depending on our schedule we come in and out of the flat to mix with our guests. We travel a lot but we always have a good group of people who help us out with the cleaning and check in's. Over the years we have made amazing connections with guests and have continued the friendship well after they have gone. We love to welcome people in and show off the Barcelona lifestyle when we can...
We love Barcelona that is why we are still here. We renovate old buildings trying to keep their authentic charm and in doing so begun a journey to discover the old secrets of this Gothic quarter.
In this neighbourhood you can find everything from museums to restaurants, parks, beautiful shops, churches, cave-like bars all hidden in the labyrinth of little streets stretching out from the front door.
The beach is great in summer and the night life buzzes all around in the evening.
We love the food, the people, the craziness, the languages and the ease in which can travel to and from Barcelona.
Visitors should take note of the different neighbourhoods like the Borne, Raval and of course the Gothic quarter. The street music near the Cathedral, the hidden Plaza of Sant Felip Neri, Passeig del Borne, Barceloneta and the beaches. Drink lots of coffee of the plaza's and people watch during the day. Hotel Neri's roof top for a glass of wine at night. The flea market early Sunday morning on Plaza Reial, or the second hand market at Enants near Metro Glories...
Although one can walk to nearly everywhere there is public transport very close by:
Metro green line is one minute walk away -
'Liceu' on the green line
'Drassanes' on the green line
5 minutes walk away yellow line
Bus 59 and 14 at the end of the street (less than one minute walk)
Taxi's are also at the end of the street
Check out time is between 11 - 11:30 am
Check in time is after 15:00 but in general we can check you in from 12 noon to leave your luggage and pick up keys with no problem
- if you are going to store your luggage in the flat after check out please remember you are responsible for leaving back the keys in the letterbox. They cost 50 euro to replace so do make sure you are careful...
- Do not ring our neighbours door bell please under any circumstance (unless there is an emergency) our door bell is given to you upon booking and if no one is there please call us via phone.
- Please make sure you inform as much in advance as possible before your arrival of the time you are arriving at, this is very important because we are not in the apartment all day! (we have a late check in fee of 15 euro for check in´s after 22:45 and 20 euro after 01:00)
- If you are over an hour late for your check in without getting in touch with us there is a 10 euro rescheduling fee.
- If you discover you are going to arrive later than you thought please inform us as we are not always available to wait.
- Smoking is only permitted on the balconies, there are two balconies accessible from this room.
- If guests could throw their own rubbish outside the apartment in the street between 8pm - 11 pm (rubbish collection times)
- Keep noise to a minimal especially late at night/ early in the morning to respect the sleep of others. We have a no noise policy after 21:30 - this is necessary step to ensuring we can trust our guests to respect our space and our neighbours.
- Usually the there are 3 keys we give you on arrival should they get lost or you forget to give them back it is 50 euro to replace.
- We reserve the right to terminate a reservation if our house rules are not respected.
Thank you in advance for respecting our house rules :)