SMITH STREET VILLA is a self-contained Bed and Breakfast. Prices are based on the number of Adults and Children and the number of nights of the stay. Tariffs include full breakfast provisions (see details below). Children under 2 are free.
The house at 192 Smith Street is the closest Bed and Breakfast to the centre of Naracoorte and is very convenient to everything.
It's self-contained and private for one group at a time, whether one guest or eight. It can comfortably sleep up to eight adults and two children. Tariffs include full breakfast provisions for each day of the stay.
The 1910 freestone villa of generous proportions has five bedrooms and two bathrooms and has proved very popular with guests who like to be only a short walk from shops and services.
There are two queen-sized bedrooms, two double bedrooms and a twin bedroom (with two single beds).
The sitting room has comfortable leather sofas and recliners, a wood-burning combustion heater, TV and DVD player.
The main bathroom has a full-sized bath, shower, vanity and WC; and a second bathroom has a shower over a half-sized bath and vanity, with a separate WC adjoining. The laundry area has a washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board.
A country “eat-in” kitchen has a solid timber table and seating for up to 8-9 guests as well as cooktop, oven, microwave, dishwasher, cookware, cutlery, crockery and glasses.
Smith Street Villa has ducted reverse cycle air conditioning in four of the five bedrooms; wall-mounted reverse cycle air conditioners in the sitting room and kitchen; and a wood-burning combustion heater in the sitting room.
A feature of the house is a new, very large back verandah with decking and a barbecue and outdoor setting – ideal for casual meals, drinks and snacks overlooking the back garden. The verandah is completely fenced, so it’s very safe for children, and has a ramp for easy access as well as steps leading to the garden.
The 3.5-star rated Smith Street Villa is one of five properties owned and run by Naracoorte Cottages. (The others are MacDonnell House, Limestone View, Pinkerton Hill and Showgrounds Cottage.) Richard Peake and Judy Barton established this “people friendly” Bed and Breakfast business in 1995 and have welcomed thousands of satisfied guests from South Australia, interstate and overseas.
NARACOORTE COTTAGES offers comfort, convenience and cleanliness with all modern amenities. The B&Bs are ideal for singles, couples, families and groups – as well as corporate guests – for one overnight stopover or a longer stay. They are private for one guest group at a time – even if there’s only one guest.
The houses have plasma TVs, DVD players, free local call telephones, free access to wireless broadband (BYO laptop or desktop computer) and reverse cycle air conditioning.
Bed linen, towels and toiletries are provided. Tariffs are value for money and include generous full breakfast provisions (eggs, bacon, tomatoes, fruit juice, boxed cereals, bread, jams and spreads, tea, instant coffee, coffee grounds and milk); and a complimentary 750ml bottle of wine with every booking.
Families and children are welcome (cot, high chair and change table can be provided if needed). Note that MacDonnell House does not have any single ensemble beds, but a fold-up bed for a child can be provided.
DISCOUNTS. There are discounts for bookings of more than one night. Corporate, family and group rates are available. A “no breakfast” option is also available. Phone Richard Peake (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) or email him at (EMAIL HIDDEN) for a quotation.
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS. Please note that we have a 3-night minimum booking for Easter (during the four days from the Thursday night before Good Friday through to Easter Sunday) and a 2-night minimum on long weekends.
NARACOORTE is home to the South Australia’s only World Heritage listed site, the Naracoorte Caves National Park, 10km south of town. The park includes Wonambi Fossil Centre, telling the story of megafauna whose bones are preserved in fossil deposits, and caves with spectacular limestone formations, a Bat Cave and a cafe. The Caves, 10km south of town, are open 9am to 5pm daily ((URL HIDDEN)
Naracoorte is also central to four premium wine regions – Coonawarra, Penola, Padthaway and Wrattonbully – within a 48km or 30-minute radius.
Splash out in the large manmade Naracoorte swimming lake, with reticulated and chlorinated water and lifeguards on duty on very hot days. It’s surrounded by lawns and shady trees, is free and is open from December 1 to March 31.
The town of Naracoorte has two seven-day supermarkets, three hotels, Thai and Chinese restaurants, a renowned family bakery, a French patisserie/chocolatier, McDonald’s, Subway and many other takeaway food shops and a thriving shopping centre.
The Commonwealth Bank, ANZ Bank, Westpac, National Australia Bank and BankSA all have branches in the town centre; and there’s also the People’s Choice credit union and a Bendigo Community Bank agency. Out of hours, you can draw money from six ATMs.
Be sure to visit the award-winning The Sheep’s Back wool industry museum, set in a historic three-storey former flour mill, and the Mini Jumbuk factory, where woollen bedding products for the world are made, and its visitor centre.
Naracoorte welcomes families to its many parks, including the Naracoorte Community Playground and Lions Pioneer Park, both in MacDonnell Street.
Stroll, walk or run on the picturesque Naracoorte Creek Walk through the centre of town; and feed the geese on the pond in the Scout Hall grounds, off Park Terrace, near Naracoorte Holiday Park.
Interazione con gli ospiti
I do not live in Naracoorte but I have a team of housekeepers who prepare the houses and are available to call in if needed. The phone numbers of the housekeepers are in a welcome letter which is provided with the key. I am also available by phone and can arrange for a housekeeper to call in.
INFORMATION FOR GUESTS
The following Terms and Conditions and House Rules are for the information of guests and those who may consider making a booking with Naracoorte Cottages. Variations may be agreed in writing by Naracoorte Cottages.
By making a booking and paying a deposit or a tariff, you accept these Terms and Conditions and House Rules.
A. WHAT WE PROVIDE
The house is self-contained and private for one guest group at a time, so you do not share the house with other guests who you do not know. There is no host resident on the property, but Naracoorte Cottages employs housekeepers who live in the town and who can be contacted by phone.
Everything is supplied, including bed linen, bathtowels, a fully equipped kitchen and laundry, free local call telephone, free access to broadband Internet, TV and DVD player.
The standard tariff includes Bed and Breakfast. Full breakfast provisions for each day of the stay comprise bacon and eggs, tomatoes, fruit juice, boxed and packaged cereals, bread and spreads, tea, coffee and milk. Alternative provisions can be supplied to suit dietary requirements if Naracoorte Cottages is notified in advance.
If you do not want breakfast provisions, please ask for a no-breakfast tariff.
B. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Booking and cancellation. Bookings are accepted on a first come, first served basis. An enquiry by you, or a quotation by Naracoorte Cottages, does not constitute a booking.
Bookings are usually accepted upon payment of a deposit (unless time or distance make this impractical or unless otherwise agreed), which can be paid by Electronic Funds Transfer, cash, cheque, money order, Master Card, Visa Card or American Express; or bookings can be accepted by an agent authorised by Naracoorte Cottages. Bookings are usually confirmed in writing when time and distance allow.
The balance of the tariff is payable in full on the day of arrival or by a date specified in the Tax Invoice.
If you do not pay the deposit by the due date, Naracoorte Cottages has the right to cancel your booking and attempt to seek a new booking by another guest.
If you do not pay the tariff in full by the due date, Naracoorte Cottages has the right to cancel your booking and attempt to seek a new booking by another guest.
If you cancel the booking for any reason, you must notify the cancellation to Naracoorte Cottages, as soon as possible, to the owner/manager Richard Peake on (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) or (EMAIL HIDDEN) Naracoorte Cottages will refund, in full, any money which you have paid in advance provided that you have notified the cancellation to Richard Peake by not later than 30 days prior to the first day of the booking.
If you notify the cancellation in less than 30 days prior to the first day of the booking, Naracoorte Cottages will not refund any money which you have paid in advance unless Naracoorte Cottages has re-let the house for the entire period of the booking. If a refund is made due to the house being re-let, Naracoorte Cottages will retain a $50 cancellation fee.
2. Alterations to booking. Naracoorte Cottages will make every effort to ensure the house is available as booked. However Naracoorte Cottages reserves the right to alter bookings due to unforeseen circumstances, including an inadvertent error by Naracoorte Cottages owner/manager Richard Peake, housekeeper or agent, and will make every endeavour to provide an alternative house.
When you make a booking, you are liable to pay Naracoorte Cottages the tariff quoted for the number of guests and the number of nights. Naracoorte Cottages reserves the right to cancel the booking, and to keep any deposit paid in advance, if the agreed number of guests is decreased or if the length of the stay is decreased within 30 days of the first day of the stay, or if the number of guests who arrive is less than the number booked or if the length of the stay is decreased, without prior notification, unless you agree to pay the full tariff. As the person who makes the booking, you are liable to pay Naracoorte Cottages the tariff for
any additional guests or additional days.
If you alter the number or type of guests (eg adults and children, singles and couples) or the length of the stay, Naracoorte Cottages reserves the right to provide an alternative house to the house booked. If you refuse the offer of an alternative house, Naracoorte Cottages reserves the right to cancel the booking and refund the deposit or any money paid.
3. Check-in time. The usual check-in time is 3pm. Variations can be negotiated.
4. Check-out time. The usual check-out time is 10.30am. Variations can be negotiated.
C. HOUSE RULES
1. Standard. Naracoorte Cottages aims always to provide a consistently high standard of accommodation. To help maintain this standard, Naracoorte Cottages asks you to comply with certain conditions. Naracoorte Cottages appreciates that you aim to respect its houses but also asks that you avoid the possibility of occurrences beyond normal wear and tear.
2. Gatherings. The tariff charged is only for domestic use by the number of guests who have been booked; and the tariff is not for functions, parties and commercial events unless prior written agreement has been obtained from Naracoorte Cottages. The Bed and Breakfast house is not a “party house”. The tariff does not allow for the extra wear and tear associated with functions, parties and commercial events in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, repairs, breakages etc. If you use the house contrary to this condition, you will be liable to pay additional charges. This House Rule is not intended to prevent you from, within reason, having family, friends and colleagues to visit you at the house or to prevent you from having people for a meal etc provided that your visitors do not stay overnight.
3. Damage. Any damage, breakages, theft and loss are your responsibility as the guest who made the booking regardless of who incurred the damage, breakage, theft or loss.
4. State. You should leave the house in a similar condition to the condition you found it in when you arrived.
5. Amenity. Naracoorte Cottages’ houses are in residential areas of the town. Please respect the privacy and quiet enjoyment of neighbours and please do not create noise or disturbance, or indulge in anti-social behaviour, which offends neighbours.
6. Animals. Pets are not allowed inside the houses. You also do not have the right to bring dogs, cats, bids or other animals to the Bed and Breakfast properties without prior written approval. If evidence (e.g. hair, fur, smell, scratches, soiled items) is found of pets being inside the houses, Naracoorte Cottages has the right to charge you a fee for additional cleaning based on the hourly rate of our housekeepers, the use of cleaning materials and the hire of professional cleaners.
7. Personal Property. Naracoorte Cottages is not responsible for the personal property of you and your fellow guests. If personal property is left in a house, Naracoorte Cottages will endeavour to return it to you at your expense, usually by COD mail.
8. Security. Please close and/or lock doors and windows when you and your fellow guests are absent from the house in order to maintain security and to prevent unauthorised entry, rain damage, theft of property etc.
9. Smoking. Naracoorte Cottages does not allow smoking inside its houses. Smoking is allowed on verandahs, under carports and in outside areas of the properties. If evidence is found of smoking inside a house, Naracoorte Cottages has the right to charge you a fee for additional cleaning.
Questo host ha 47 recensioni per altri annunci.Vedi altre recensioni
Richard Peake is a former rural newspaper publisher, editor and journalist. He and his wife Judith Barton have operated Naracoorte Cottages Bed and Breakfast business since 1995. They offer very clean, comfortable, well-appointed and self-contained accommodation at the same high standard which they expect when they travel.