After a year of design and full renovation this 19th century home was recently featured in The New Orleans Advocate, Louisiana's largest newspaper.
Meticulous interior design and lush landscaping provide a peaceful retreat right in New Orleans.
Upon entering the front gate, you walk through the courtyard where you experience a tranquil waterfall and pond that is home to fish and beautiful aquatic plants. The perimeter is surrounded by lush tropical plants to welcome you after a day of fun.
You'll enjoy the perfect mix of modern comfort and historic New Orleans charm for a comfy, CLEAN "home away from home. Perfect for 2 guests but 3 or 4 can squeeze in.
• Courtyard with fountain, wrought iron table and chairs, shade umbrella and much more to enjoy a relaxing evening or morning coffee.
• Granite kitchenette with dishwasher, microwave, gas stove and oven with coffee maker (and coffee), french press, toaster, dishes, pots and pans, etc.
• Dining area with antique pub chairs and drop leaf table.
• Sitting area with a full size pull out couch and eclectic art collection.
• In the separate bedroom, you'll find a comfortable queen bed, luggage stand, hanging rack, and drawers for your clothing.
• Brazilian hardwood floors, old growth cypress, reclaimed beadboard trim, and salvaged antique doors give the space an old world charm.
• Central system air conditioning/heater that you control.
• Fast WIFI.
• Built in refrigerator for keeping & storing food and delicious leftovers.
• There is a collection of board games in a cabinet in the kitchen.
• Tiled bathroom, with full size tub/shower vanity and antique medicine cabinet.
• There is not a TV, but we have high speed internet so you can stream to your computer or tablet.
We are proud to accurately represent our property in our photos. Reviews consistently refer to our home being "nicer" or "better" than the photos shown.
Your front entrance is always well lit so you can stay out till the wee hours and be sure to have a lighted path home!
Access is made easy with keyless, electronic locks. No worrying about where you put that key or who had it last!
Interazione con gli ospiti
We welcome all walks of life in our home.
The “mother in law suite” is a completely separate unit, but because one of our porches is adjacent to the entrance of the suite, and the courtyard is shared, we interact with guests occasionally.
Greg works from home and is happy to help show you around, and make sure you are comfortable during your stay. He will likely be your point of contact for check in.
Depending on our weekend plans, we would love for you to join us on walks around the city - and if we prepare a big meal we may invite you over to share....
Altre cose da evidenziare
We have 2 bikes available for rent. $20/day/bike, or $50/bike for your entire stay, payable by cash when you arrive.
Kreacher and Dobby are our hairless Sphinx cats - they live in the main house and don't have access to the suite but you're welcome to come over for a visit.
Here’s some other tips to make your exploring and finding the right place for your stay a bit easier:
• View the outside AND inside photos of accommodations you plan book to avoid any surprises when you arrive. Look in our photo gallery and/or go online view the neighborhood and outside views of our home.
Inquire (or look in the listing for) a license number. All properties are required by the City of New Orleans to be registered and licensed. There are plenty of phonies out there, so beware and don’t accidently book with an unregistered listing where your reservation can be automatically cancelled!
- We keep our calendar up to date and are very responsive.
- Our property is registered with the City of New Orleans (shown by registration number listed in our profile). Booking with a registered Air BnB, not one that is "pending" in New Orleans helps you avoid having your booking cancelled by the host or Air BnB because they are not licensed.
- New Orleans is a beautiful city with lots to see. As in all neighborhoods of New Orleans, or any city for that matter, be safe and be smart! Don't walk alone at night. Taking a cab, Uber or Lyft home at night is always the better idea and they’re quite affordable here.
- As many insects are indigenous to our area – particularly ants, mosquitoes and Palmetto bugs – we recommend keeping all doors and windows closed and that you do not leave food on counters or tables. Our home is serviced for pests by a licensed professional exterminator on a regular basis. Because bugs and other critters are common in New Orleans we make every effort possible to eliminate the occurrence of pests in our home.
- No animals are allowed in the unit, including the friendly neighborhood cats, please don't allow them in.
- Liability exclusion clause: By agreeing to stay with us, you agree that you will not hold the hosts personally liable.
- The exterior of our home is monitored with security cameras. Signs are posted on the property.
- We do not access your space without your permission.
Numero di licenza o registrazione
Scopri di più su questo numero
We desire mature guests who want to have a great New Orleans experience while enjoying our home environment.
Check-in is after 2PM
-- This listing is for TWO PERSONS, additional guests will sleep on a pull out sofa in the living area. There is be an extra $15.00/night charge for each additional guest over 2 that is charged through the AirBnB reservation system.
There is a limit of 4 guests maximum. If you forget to reserve for more than 2 guests, just send us a note and we will collect additional fee upon arrival. (You don't need to try and adjust the initial reservation.)
--Any party of 2 that requires the use of the pull out couch will be charged an additional $15.00 fee. We will collect this fee on arrival.
-- This is a NON-SMOKING residence inside and on the porches, sorry. You are welcome to smoke on the benches in the neutral ground (green space) in front of the home. Please pick up your butts!
-- No pets.
-- ABSOLUTELY NO FOOD OR DRINK IN THE BEDROOM, water being the ONLY exception.
-- Guests using the kitchen: It is the GUEST'S responsibility to clean up. Please place cups, glasses, plates, bowls, saucers, forks, spoons and any other used item in food preparation and eating into the dishwasher. THOROUGHLY WASH, TOWEL DRY and REPLACE any and all pots, pans and knives. If there are food crumbs or other food droppings during preparation, cooking or eating, please take care of it.
-- Linens are not changed on a daily basis. Guests staying 4 or more days may request linens to be complimentary laundered during their stay.
-- The laundry facilities are for the exclusive use of confirmed guests ONLY. They are available for bookings of 3 or more nights.
-- We go to bed around 11 pm Sunday thru Thursday nights and wake around 6:30am Monday thru Friday mornings. Weekends, it's a free for all! We ask that you respect our rest times while visiting with minimal noise.
-- Greg works from home. Some days he will be away.
-- We have a personal assistant that helps maintain our home. They have access to all areas of our home, but will not enter your suite without your permission.
WE CANNOT RETURN PHONE CALLS OR TEXT MESSAGES TO NON-US BASED PHONES!
WE DO NOT SPEAK, READ OR WRITE ANY LANGUAGE OTHER THAN ENGLISH.
Questo host ha 83 recensioni per altri annunci.Vedi altre recensioni
An easy going couple that wants to meet you!
You will be in good hands when you stay with us. Our travel and unique life experiences have taught us how to make you comfortable while traveling. In 2009 we quit our day jobs, got married and spent the next for 2.5 years traveling full time. Landing in Miami, Florida in February of 2012, we hosted many in our tiny Condo. We moved to New Orleans in October of 2015 and spent the first year and a half renovating our dream home in this magical city.
In almost a decade of extensive travel, we've built many friendships, discovered and learned more about ourselves, people and the world than we ever could have imagined.
We have great history of hosting people in our temporary homes throughout the US and world. We use Air BnB, and other websites/organizations to facilitate guests in our home. We ❤️Air BnB, and offer our guests a great experience.
If you're interested in business and entrepreneurship, you will enjoy staying with us. Ask about our company Beauty Butler, the patent pending makeup organizer. It has been exciting as we work to grow our business. Just look up Beauty Butler Makeup Organizer using your favorite search engine to learn more.
Recently we purchased Elektra Cosmetics. This is a cosmetic glitter company where our mission is is to empower people by inspiring a community to be unapologetically creative. Through support, education and quality products we spread the joy of glitter.
We are computer geeks and internet junkies we love to utilize technology for learning, exploring, researching, completing tasks, and keeping in touch with friends and family.
We love all types food :). We are not foodies, just love trying new cuisines and restaurants. We try not to overindulge, but sharing conversation over a nice meal is always very nice.
We enjoy experiencing the sights and sounds of new locations. We have been on numerous walking and biking tours, and have walked many miles in each place we visit. We look forward to many more enjoyable walks in around our home we hope you can join us for a few.
Danielle- I am the founder and creator of Beauty Butler Makeup Organizer. I am also a Certified Orthotist I specialize in designing and fitting helmets on infants with positional plagiocephaly...a condition where a baby's head is becomes abnormally flat from pressure. I travel full time for work so I am away from home 4 nights a week.
Danielle- My interests are decorating, exploring New Orleans, food, costumes, history, thrifting, vintage, art & adventure, and last but not least, I love burlesque!!!! New Orleans is a city with a thriving burlesque and performance art community. There is almost a show or two every night of the week.
Greg- I enjoy working with various forms of technology. Particularly productivity tools such as computers, the internet, mobile computing, applications and software. I am a smart phone junkie! Once I learn techniques and tips, sharing this information with others to help make their day to day routines easier is what I enjoy most.
Greg- I am regularly working toward improving myself as a person. It is a great challenge, and helps me avoid boredom. I have come a long way, and can see there is a long way to go. I guess it would be called living life, and it is a great journey:)