Beautiful vintage safari carvan sleeps 2 with upside boatshed ( shed of the year winner 2013) used as a basic kitchen chill out space overlooking the Cambrian mountains. Due to the fact we are surrouded by sheep no dogs are allowed.
Safari Caravan sleeps two
Award winning shed of the year Upside boatshed to be used as a chill out space. Guests share the boat roofed shed with other guests and residents and no one has exclusivity on this structure. a 1050s style kitchen is in a sheep trailer
Guest have access to a 3 acres of garden up a mountain . The use of the upside down boat shed for chilling. Compost toilet in the field and a shower block attached to the house
Interazione con gli ospiti
as much interaction or as little as you like
Altre cose da evidenziare
Visitors are very welcome to have open fires outside .Interact with the animals and go for long walks.Please note that we have our own private water supply from a spring. Our water is ultra violet and particulate filtered before it leaves the tap!
Thank you for braving the mountain hideaway !! . A few things you should know :
1) The field kitchen is in the boat shed ( winner of shed of the year 2013!! no less) which has a fridge and basic cooking facilities. You can either wash up al fresco or come to the house to wash up .
2)There is a compost loo and an outdoor solar powered show attached to the back of the house that you access via the back or front garden and an outside dunny without a door - its blown off ( cefn coch gwyllt means red back WILD !) You are also welcome to use the loo and shower in the house too .
3)It is very peaceful here , ( and occasionally windy) However the dogs may demand that you play frisbee .The cats will want to say hello and chickens will ignore you !
4) I dont provide towels .
5) We ask people to take their rubbish back as much as is possible.
We are a very remote farmhouse and recycle as much as we can. And the final thing we ask of guests is to strip their beds and put the linen in the bags provided .
6) The address is ;- Cefn Coch Gwyllt Glantwymyn Machynlleth Powys SY20 8LU. The sat nav might take you to another farm . What I suggest is when you turn off the main A470 onto the track go up the track ,passed the newly built house then take a right hand turn. When you get to the gate it says Cefn Coch Gwyllt on a white sign . Go through the gate and a mile later you will see the tops of the chimneys...
7) If the weather is foul we have a bed made up in the 1600 /17thC long house . as an extremely wet weather option.
8) Suggest you bring appropriate wet weather/ out door clothing just in case
9) You are welcome to have outdoor fires
10) The caravan /house/boatshed are no smoking areas.
Looking forward to meeting you, kind regards
Sarah and Alex
We are a married couple from Machynlleth Wales. We both work in the out door event industry. I am also a DJ going by the name Dj Badly! My wife is called Sarah Anne Morton, or Sam for short.