Strawfields is a small rustic campsite (5-12 pitches set in 2 fields) The Shepherds hut is in a field by a stream, for private hire or the whole field can be hired, so friends can camp together. Peaceful rural setting, yet minutes from the beaches. The hut is ideal for two people, but can sleep 2 adults and 2 children. It has a double bed/sofa, roll mats for children and a log burner. Outside there is a rustic camping kitchen and seating area with outdoor fire pit. Campfires are allowed.
The Shepherds hut is set in a wonderful rural location, yet only a few miles from Woolacombe and Ilfracombe beaches. Strawfields campsite is a new for 2016.
Perfect for couples, surfers, families. If no children, the hut can accommodate 3 adults, the third adult would be £10 extra per night. You can put up a small tent next to the hut to increase sleeping space for the children, if needed.
Our aim is to keep Strawfields a small and natural campsite, with basic facilities to give a back to nature style of camping.
What is provided at Strawfields Campsite:
Washing up sink
In the Shepherd's hut:
Double bed with double duvet and 2 pillows
(Linen can be provided for £10 extra for your stay)
Bedspread and blankets
2 camping roll mats for children
Log burner with a basket of logs and kindling
Outdoor seating for 4
Washing line with pegs
Dry room for wet suits/coats/boots (available in cooler months)
Amazing stars on a clear night!
Logs, kindling, bbq charcoal, marshmallows and hot chocolate can be bought from the farmhouse, which helps us support local businesses.
The hut is small and cosy (14ft by 6ft)
Sleeping bags and pillows for children
Double linen set, sheet, duvet cover and pillow cases
(Linen can be provided for £10 extra, please request when booking)
All kitchen utensils, plates,mugs, pans for cooking and camping stove/bbq
(A full camping kitchen can be hired for £15 extra, including camping gas stove, please request when booking)
The cars are parked at the entrance and wheel barrows are used to transport tents and camping gear to your pitch. We are very family friendly and there is a green field area set up for children to kick a ball about and a stream to explore.
We do not have electricity on site, but are happy to recharge mobile phones at the house. There is a freezer available for ice blocks and the stream makes a perfect bottle cooler!
Altre cose da evidenziare
Dogs are allowed in our quieter months, but must be kept on a lead at all times. Please message Alex before booking.
Sorry, no dogs during the school holidays in the hut.
Amount of guests allowed
-2 adults (max)and up to 2 children (no dogs July/Aug holidays)
-Please contact Alex if you want to bring your dog before booking.
-The Shepherd's hut is for 2 adults (max)and up to 2 children, please contact Alex before booking if your group is more and the prices can be altered accordingly. An extra adult is £10 extra per night.
- The campsite is car free. Please park in the car park and use wheel barrow to transport your things.
- The pitches must be left how you found them, all rubbish needs to be removed. It can be recycled in the bins provided at the entrance of the car park and black bin bags placed in the large trade waste bin.
- Log burner and fire pit ash to be emptied into the ash bin/pit.
- Fires must be fully extinguished before you go to bed (sand and water provided).
- Campfires are allowed, but you must keep them small and under control.
- Guests must be respectful of others and keep noise down after dark.
- Dogs by request and not in school holidays, contact Alex for more information.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead in the campsite and can be exercised in fields close by or along the public footpath.
Please contact Alex first if wanting to book for a group.
- The campsite is available to hire for family groups, not for loud music stag or hen parties. Perfect for family gatherings, or groups of surfers, walkers, cyclists that want a relaxed natural setting to get together with friends, we can provide a communal campsite pit for larger gatherings.
Please contact Alex for more details.
Cancella la prenotazione fino a 7 giorni prima del viaggio per ottenere un rimborso del 50%. Puoi cancellare la prenotazione anche entro 7 giorni dal tuo arrivo, ma non riceverai alcun rimborso.
Questo host ha 77 recensioni per altri annunci.Vedi altre recensioni
We relocated to Devon Sept 2014 to live by the sea and bring our children up in a wonderful rural location. Our favourite hobbies include going to the beach, body boarding, surfing, sand tobogganing and rock pooling. Our best holidays have been camping with family and friends. When I turned 40 a friend and I decided to enter some local triathlons to help us get fit. Loved the open water swimming and cycling, less keen on the running!