Strawfields is a small rustic campsite (5-12 pitches in 3 fields)
The Shepherd's hut is in a field with a stream and a peaceful rural setting, yet minutes from the beaches. Perfect for surfers and couples.
The hut is ideal for two people, but can sleep 2 adults and 2 children. It has a double bed/sofa, roll mats for children and a log burner.
Outside there is a rustic camping kitchen area with seating and an outdoor fire pit.
Campfires are allowed.
Dry room for wetsuits and games room.
The Shepherd's hut is set in a wonderful rural location, yet only a few miles from Woolacombe and Ilfracombe beaches.
Perfect for couples, surfers, families.
If no children, the hut can accommodate 3 adults, the third adult would be £10 extra per night. You can put up a small tent next to the hut to increase sleeping space for the children, if needed.
Our aim is to keep Strawfields a small and natural campsite, with basic facilities to give a back to nature style of camping.
What is provided at Strawfields Campsite:
Washing up sink
In the Shepherd's hut:
Double bed with double duvet and 2 pillows
(Linen can be provided for £10 extra for your stay)
Bedspread and blankets
2 camping roll mats for children
Log burner with a basket of logs and kindling
Outdoor seating for 4
Washing line with pegs
Dry room for wet suits/coats/boots (available in cooler months)
Amazing stars on a clear night!
Logs and kindling can be bought from the farmhouse, which helps us support local businesses.
The hut is small and cosy (14ft by 6ft)
Sleeping bags and pillows for children
Double linen set, sheet, duvet cover and pillow cases
(Linen can be provided for £10 extra, please request when booking)
All kitchen utensils, plates,mugs, pans for cooking and camping stove (if needed, or try your hand at campfire cooking)
The cars are parked at the entrance and wheel barrows are used to transport tents and camping gear to your pitch.
We are very family friendly and there is a green field area set up for children to kick a ball about and a stream to explore.
We do not have electricity on site, but are happy to recharge mobile phones at the house.
There is a freezer available for ice blocks and the stream makes a perfect bottle cooler!
The Shepherd's Hut guests have access to all the campsite facilities and also can use the trampolines and games room up at the farmhouse. Children will need adult supervision when using the trampolines. You may also enjoy the table tennis in the games room. There is a communal freezer for ice blocks and a charging point for phones.
Interazione con gli ospiti
Guests are given their own space, but we are always around if needed at the farmhouse. During the summer holidays we hold a pizza nights on Saturdays and Wednesdays (for more details please contact Alex).
Altre cose da evidenziare
Well behaved friendly dogs are very welcome in our quieter months, but must be kept on a lead at all times. 1 dog per booking. Please bring your own blanket/towel/dog bed for them to sleep on in the hut.
Sorry, no dogs during the school holidays in the hut, as we have a lot of children around.
Amount of guests allowed
-2 adults (max)and up to 2 children (no dogs July/Aug holidays)
-Please contact Alex if you want to bring your dog before booking.
-Only 1 dog per booking.
-The Shepherd's hut is for 2 adults (max)and up to 2 children, please contact Alex before booking if your group is more and the prices can be altered accordingly. An extra adult is £10 extra per night.
- The campsite is car free. Please park in the car park and use wheel barrow to transport your things.
- The pitches must be left how you found them, all rubbish needs to be removed. It can be recycled in the bins provided at the entrance of the car park and black bin bags placed in the large trade waste bin.
- Log burner and fire pit ash to be emptied into the ash bin/pit.
- Fires must be fully extinguished before you go to bed (sand and water provided).
- Campfires are allowed, but you must keep them small and under control.
- Guests must be respectful of others and keep noise down after dark.
- Dogs by request and not in school holidays, contact Alex for more information.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead in the campsite and can be exercised in fields close by or along the public footpath.
Please contact Alex first if wanting to book for a group.
- The campsite is available to hire for family groups, not for loud music stag or hen parties. Perfect for family gatherings, or groups of surfers, walkers, cyclists that want a relaxed natural setting to get together with friends, we can provide a communal campsite pit for larger gatherings.
Please contact Alex for more details.
Questo host ha 87 recensioni per altri annunci.Vedi altre recensioni
We relocated to Devon Sept 2014 to live by the sea and bring our children up in a wonderful rural location. Our favourite hobbies include going to the beach, body boarding, surfing, sand tobogganing and rock pooling. Our best holidays have been camping with family and friends. When I turned 40 a friend and I decided to enter some local triathlons to help us get fit. Loved the open water swimming and cycling, less keen on the running!