Enjoy Serenity on a luxury 44 ft Sea Ray Sport Yacht on the South Shore of Clear Lake. We are the only Airbnb listed motor yacht to offer Clear Lake and Galveston Bay private cruises. Cruises are at a low rate of $150/hr, limited to 12 people. Add $25 each pax over 6. The yacht sleeps 4. Can sleep 6 maximum, if both couches in salon are used; add $25 per person, above 4 guests. This is a unique, on-the-water experience your family and friends will remember.
This luxury sport yacht provides guests a genuine feel of the live-aboard lifestyle. During Summer (June-Aug), bookings including a Fri or Sat night, the minimum stay is 2 nights, due to the high demand.
Inside you are ingratiated with luxury. Entering a large, wide salon with 42" flatscreen TV, two opposing lounge couches and a small stow-able table. Forward, are two separate, private staterooms. The guest stateroom twin-beds can convert to a queen-size bed. The galley is generous with Microwave, Stove, Fridge / Freezer, Sink, Blender/Can-opener and an Automatic Coffee Maker. Coffee, tea and bottled water is provided. For your pleasure we have a raised dining area with a view of the marina, or you can congregate on the bridge for an elevated view with a breeze.
Cruises are extra, at $150/hr for reserved guests, and subject to weather conditions; $250/hr for non-Airbnb guests. A Captain, and fuel, is included for all cruises. Cruising cost for over 6 pax, add $25 per person, up to 12 maximum passengers. Cruises are on a cash basis, in advance of departure, due to variable weather / tide conditions.
The two salon couches can comfortably sleep an adult and a child, for a max overnight of 6 guests, add $25/person over 4. There are no extra charges for additional visiting guests, yet 10 p.m. is the departure cut-off for those exceeding the maximum 6 overnight guest limit.
Since the yacht is berthed next to the marina bath house, guests are required to use marina's toilets & showers. We use the $200 deposit as a cleaning/loss/damages fee, mainly if guests use yacht's heads or showers (due to our having to move boat to another marina's pump-out station (1.5 hours to complete this with 2-3 people))... so we strive for everyone's pleasure and convenience. We lived aboard our yacht for 4 years, as a family of 4, and had no problems with using marina facilities in lieu of the two head systems, and you can too, easily! We provide shower towels onboard, and toiletries are available on request at no charge. Kids under 13 are discouraged, since they treat our yacht like a jungle-gym, and cause too much damage, and lots of messes.
Keep in mind, it is a boat "on-the-water", and all boats tend to have a salty, or mustiness, to them. If your nose is hypersensitive, you probably should avoid a live-aboard experience. Of our 1st 50 overnight guests, we've only had 3 complaints, mainly due to unrealistic expectations by not reading the entire listing. It is a marine environment, and Clear Lake is brackish water. Keeping the salon door closed while aboard helps the air conditioners to reduce salt-air humidity, and both A/C's have a dehumidifier function.
We ask guests to leave the boat as they found it.
Access to the entire yacht, except engine room / bilge area. Bath-house, including toilets & showers, is 30 steps away from yacht, so guests are asked to NOT use yacht's head systems (toilets) or showers; this is also a "house-rule" and explained in 2 other places in this listing (details & house rules).
Interazione con gli ospiti
Upon arrival, Guest will contact the Host/Hostess for access, and directed to the yacht. At this point the Host will thoroughly familiarize the guests with yacht systems (~15-20 min), and the bath-house. Then, the guests are left to enjoy for the duration of their visit. Extensions of stay are accommodated, subject to availability.
Please keep in mind, this is not a B&B or 5-star hotel. It is a unique and different style of overnight lodging with the genuine feel of what it is like to "live-aboard" a motor yacht. Many people can only dream to one day live-aboard, and enjoy this lifestyle. We provide the actual experience.
If guests want a 2hr Clear Lake cruise, or longer, the captain must board the boat in advance of departure. Cruise time is from dock-to-dock, departure to return. This yacht does not move for "free".
We ask guests to respect the 12 noon check-out time, so we can launder bed linens, towels and clean the yacht for the next guest's 3 p.m. check-in time.
Altre cose da evidenziare
Clear Lake / Galveston Bay Private Cruises are available to overnight guests at the very low rate of $150/hr. Longer charters considered dependent upon itinerary. Cruises are always weather dependent; and, as such, cannot be handled through Airbnb. Cruises are paid for by cash, in advance of departure. For those with limited mobility, the finger-pier, used to board the yacht is 2' wide, and you must be able to step across a gap to get on board.
Terms & Conditions Include:
1. Yacht must be treated with the care & respect in which it is provided to guests.
2. Guests are accountable for any and all damages to the yacht, including during optional cruises. Yacht is safe for children; however, parents are cautioned to monitor their children, for their own safety, and to protect our yacht from their damages (kids tend to treat yacht as a big jungle-jim).
3. No Smoking inside the yacht, NO DRUGS, and please no pets. There is a pet "daycare/spa" located 200 yards South of property, on Lawrence Rd.
4. Boat shoes or bare-feet only, all-the-time while onboard. Hard sole shoes damage the gelcoat easily, and we will charge you against your deposit.
5. Guests are responsible for their children, as this is an expensive yacht, not a playground (no running, jumping or swinging from handrails). No jumping into, or on yacht, no running, no swinging from safety rails. New replacement value of yacht is near $950K, so we are trusting you to be responsible while enjoying your stay. Guests who allow kids to act irresponsibly will be in violation of house rules and asked to leave immediately, with no refunds. Be respectful, control all kids.
6. Safety always comes first and is the responsibility of each individual onboard, for any and all accidents. Hosts are not liable for any occurrences and shall be held-harmless by all guests in all matters.
7. A 10 p.m. quiet time is strictly enforced by property residents, as well as management. Unregistered guests must depart property by 10 p.m. We oversee the yacht from our condominium's balcony.
8. The yacht is 20 steps from a bath house with full facilities; showers, toilets, sinks/vanity, laundry room and vending machines. If guests decide to use the 2 heads (marine sanitation devices) or showers in the yacht, or for excessive messes, missing articles or any damages to yacht, claims shall be made against your security deposit. Remember, bathhouse (toilets) are 20 steps away. Additional major damages cost recovery shall be sought through Airbnb's insurance policy, &/or by civil action.
9. Boat cruises are paid for by cash, in advance of departing the dock, and are outside of the airbnb system, subject to availability, weather, tide levels, etc. The cruise rate is $150/hr average for overnight airbnb guests, up to 6 pax, plus $25/pax for 7 to 12 maximum passengers. See details in "details" section of our listing. For non-airbnb guests, the cruise rate is $250/hr up to 6 guests, plus $25/each additional pax above 6. A standard Clear Lake private cruise to Nassau Bay and back through the Kemah-cut and Boardwalk is about 2 hours. Minimum cruise is 1/hour, to Kemah Boardwalk and briefly into Galveston Bay. Open water Galveston Bay cruises can be longer than 2 hours, such as to Redfish Island or the Houston Ship Channel. Cruises are ALWAYS subject to weather conditions and the availability of our 2 qualified deckhands (my daughters &/or wife) that work for tips, usually 10% of hourly cruise rate. Charges are calculated from departure to return to the yacht's slip.
10. My daughters are also available for babysitting if parents want a "getaway" to enjoy some nightlife, such as Outriggers, Jackie's Brickhouse, or the many local hotspots on the lake, fine dining also abounds nearby.
11. NOTE: This is a high-humidity, marine environment. As with any boat, guests may expect some "mustiness" that accompanies an outdoor salt-air location. The yacht has two air-conditioners with a dehumidifying function. We strongly advise guests to keep the yacht's sliding-glass salon door closed and safety latched ALL THE TIME while a/c is on, for your own comfort, and to reduce chance of mosquitoes and roaches entering entering our yacht freely. There is an inside/outside safety latch on door which guests should use upon EVERY entry and exit into the yacht's salon area from the cockpit.