The guest room is the downstairs bedroom in an authentic mid-20th century American-colonial style wooden home. We have furnished our place with Filipiniana antiques, so the ambiance is from that period. You will hear birds in the morning and church bells on Sundays.
1. Electricity: The Philippines has among the highest electricity rates in Asia, so please help us to conserve.
2. Air conditioning: Please do close the windows well, and if you leave the house for the day, please turn off the a/c. Using the fans will help circulate the cool air.
3. Food/ trash: Do not put any food or degradable materials in the trash bin as this attracts insects. These types of waste can be left at the kitchen sink for disposal.
4. Shoes: Please leave your street shoes at the downstairs entrance. We do not allow street shoes in the house.
5. Smoking is allowed in the restrooms, screened patio, and garden.
6. Please do not feed the cats or the dogs (without our approval)
7. Unregistered daytime guests are welcomed, but unregistered overnight guests are discouraged.
8. If you have any valuables that you would like to have secured, please let us know.
Questo host ha 105 recensioni per altri annunci.Vedi altre recensioni
Manila has been my home since 1988, though my first Philippine travels were in Mindanao starting in 1983. Since then, I've travelled all but 6 of the Philippine's 81 provinces.
The city of Manila has changed tremendously in recent decades, and there are few homes like ours left. The house dates from 1947 and is in a quiet and hidden older neighborhood of Paco, Manila. It's furnished mostly with antique and vintage local furnishings.
Rizal Park and Intramuros are a 45 minute walk away. Makati is 15 minutes away by car.
Traveling in the Philippines can be challenging but always fulfilling. I have friends operating tours/accommodations around the country, so let me know where you're going and maybe i know someone there (e.g., Boracay, Bohol, Tubbataha, El Nido/Coron Dumaguete).
I am a part-time guide in the historical district of Intramuros and Binondo-Quiapo. My partner, Jorge, and I have 5 dogs and 3 cats.